Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal backend session logoff problem

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my portal the backend session remains same even after logging of it.

Scenario:

A transaction role(SU53) is assigned to everyone in my portal. User A logs into the portal and then logs off and another user B logs into the portal at same window, where the user B gets the same SU53 credentials of user A, however portal role gets changed.

I have changed the iView property "Application Parameters" to "sap-wad-enforcesessionmanagement=ok". But no luck.

Also no ABAP sessions are getting terminated after portal logoff

Please help me.

With Regards,

RAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

The issue is finally resolved by activating the service /sap/public/bc/icf/logoff.

Thanks for your supporting and guidance.

With Regards,

RAM.

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to hear that your problem is solved. Guess the SAP Notes that does apply here is: 1717945  - Portal Logoff Does Not Logoff the Backend When Using HTTP Security Session Management

"[...] taking a Http trace of the scenario [...]  a USR_LOGOFF notification is sent to http://<host:port>/sap/public/bc/icf/logoff on logoff from the portal. [...] ensure that the service /sap/public/bc/icf/logoff is enabled on the backend"

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly Tobias, followed the note 1717945 and activated the same service:)

Thanks for your response.

With Regards,

RAM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without knowing your portal version it is hard to help.

SAP Portal comes with DSM and monitoring tools. These are well documented on SAP Help and because in earlier versions logoff was a problem, there are also some very useful SAP Notes available that explain session management, logoff and how to analyze & fix it.

Did you search for these? Did you apply them?

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Tobias,

I have checked for DSM and its fine. But still dont know why the problem persists.

Portal version: 7.3

Any ideas please?

With Regards,

RAM.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tobias,

Apart from it I too have checked for the Profile parameters, username verification in backend, cookies, valid certificates, SM50 log files. But everything is fine.

Still not able to find the bug.

Please assist me in solving the issue.

With Regards,

RAM

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DSM is fine? That means that DSM is reporting that the user session's are closed? But still the backend is connected as previous user? When the new user logs on, the backend is actually showing that the old user is used for the logon?

What is happening with the JSESSIONID cookie? Between users, stays it the same or is this cookie also invalidated? If you can, invalidate the cookie manually between logoffs (Firefox: with firebug) and see if this helps.

birojpatro
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Please try to close all your browsers after log off......then create a new browser session for the new portal user and try. Please check, if you face the same problem.

Thanks,

Biroj

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biroj,

Thanks for your reply.

Portal is working fine in a new browser session but I'm facing this issue in the same window and wanna to fix the same.

With Regards,

RAM.