Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA odata service issue

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created at basic odata service on my AWS HANA Instance but I'm having issues when testing in the browser.

Whenever I add the parameter "inlinecount=allpages" as a parameter to the service call I get the error -

400 Bad Request Error - "Service exception: column store error."

e.g. http://<hanaserver>:8000/com/kringas/temperature/services/tempService.xsodata/StationDetails?$top=3&$format=json&$inlinecount=allpages

If I remove the parameter or have it set to "inlinecount=none" the service works correctly, returning the expected results.

e.g. http://<hanaserver>:8000/com/kringas/temperature/services/tempService.xsodata/StationDetails?$top=3&$format=json&$inlinecount=none

The reason I need it to work with the "inlinecount=allpages" set is the SAPUI5 app where I'm trying to bind the odata service to a table seems to append this parameter to the service call.

Thanks,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

&$count=allpages works but

$inlinecount=allpages gives the below error :

<error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">

<code/>

<message xml:lang="en-US">

Service exception: column store error.

</message>

</error>

I have the exact same situation that since it is internally placed by UI5 API.

Were you able to find the solution / work around for that ?

0 Kudos

Dear Stephen

I had the same problem it was cause my a calculation in my view.

example:

Table 1 : productid, some_no1

Table 2 : productid, some_no2

Create view as V1

Select * from (

Select productid, (max(some_no1)/100 *max(some_no2)) calcno

from table1 a, table2 b

where 1=1 and

a.productid = b.productid

group by a.productid

)

Tabel 1 has less productid than table 2!

if i remove from the formula the max(some_no2), it causes no column exceptions.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did encounter the same error with an attribute view.

Replacing the inlinecount with count shows up data , but I am using the odata model in a widget .

- SAP HANA SPS6 server (revision 60) on cloudshare

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I've seen a very similar problem reported internally in January.  Development responded that it is in fact a bug in the SQL layer. What happens when you use $count instead of the inlinecount=allpages?  What is the source of your OData service?  A table or a view?

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I'll need to double check the $count option later tonight, but I'm 90% it had the same issue.

The source for the OData service is a table.

I'm actually working through your YouTube videos on HANA Dev. and just trying to get the basic SAPUI5 app with a table bound to the HANA OData service.

Cheers.

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can confirm the same issue happens with $count.

Cheers,

Stephen

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The error reported internally wasn't with a table, but instead an analytical view. I'm not aware of any usage issue where a count wouldn't work with a table, however.  I'm not able to recreate the problem with any of the OData services on my local system (HANA Revision 52). You might try to see of the problem is localized to just this particular table or not.  Likely it is a bug in the framework on your revision.  Short of upgrading the revision of the AWS instance, I can't think of way to correct.

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas. It seems to be isolated to the table. I'll try and recreate it and see if I still have the issue.

Cheers,

Stephen