cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type to reserve stock only for sales orders

former_member188914
Contributor

Hi experts,

Which movement type to use to reserve stock only for sales orders (and not production orders)? We have a need to reserve some units to avoid them to be taken by sales orders. But we would like to be able to use these units for production orders.  With the movement type 251, the units could not be taken neither by a sales order nor a production order. Movement types 413 & 261 do not help neither. Please suggest a movement type which could respond to our request?

Regards,

Vivek

--

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

If I understood correctly your requirement is to distinguish between two stocks i.e Stock for sale and stock for production.

For this there could be two approaches one that you are exploring and other you can put the stock in two different storage locations. For Availability check at storage location level you can explore the http://scn.sap.com/thread/1859743.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Atulkumar Dagade

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks all for your response.

The thing is that, if I place a material reservation with the movement type 231, then SAP requires to specify a sales order number.

What I would like is that the stock is reserved for all the sales orders, whatever their order numbers. I do not want to indicate a specific order number in the reservation.

Indeed I would like the stock to be reserved for all the sales order numbers but not for the production orders. Is that something possible? Is there a specific movement type existing for that?

Thanks..

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using movement type 412E you can reserve the stock for a particular sales order and this can only be consumed for that particular sales order unless it is reversed using 411E

let me know your feedback after checking

regards,

santosh    

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

We can reserve stock at sale order level with availability check settings or at delivery level like Mr. Sai has mentioned. Why dont you use this standard functionality.

Thank$

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The best way is create sales order and Delivery (But don' perform PGI). The stock will reserve for that sales order.

Have you tried 231 movement type by using transaction code MB21?

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

so when I do delivery stock is consumed for that sales order. right ? Will that stock be available for production order?

Thanks..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when I do delivery stock is consumed for that sales order. right ? Will that stock be available for production order?

No that stock can neither be used for production orders nor for any other sale orders.  In short, the stock is blocked only for that particular sale order / delivery.

G. Lakshmipathi