0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell solution for the error:

iam getting error while creating asset.

SYST: Dep.key HGW in company code,  has no total number of units

Message no. AA650

Asset affected: INTERN-00001-0000

Diagnosis

Depreciation key HGW has no specifications in company code, for the total  number of units to be depreciated.

Procedure

Specify the total number of units in the definition of the depreciation  key.

-----I need Dep key to get 100% depreciation and its on Quantity based. while running depreciation  it should split on qty equally.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cant take the other depreciation key becouse my requirement is , depreciation to be calculate 100 percent. and while calculating how can we know whether depreciation amount are splitting equally on the qty ?

Example: 100 Rs. each keyboard.   while purchasing keyboard  in bulk 10 keyboard was there.

so. 10 keybaoard *100=1000.

i want to calculate 1000 as full depreciation. this amount should  split on the qty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your example my question is have you opened 10 Asset Master Datas for 10 keyboards or you are taking 10 keyboard values in one Asset Master Data?

Regards,

Zain Bashir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Zain,

I have created only one Asset master data for 10 keyboard. values in one Asset only.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Are you using a key with  units of production?

2) If yes:

You should insert units in tr. AO25 in the relevant year.

3) If you don't want to insert units in tr. AO25, you can change the settings in the depr.key or use another depr key (for example you can copy this key and change the settings for depr. metho in the base method).

best regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont know whether i should use AO25 or not.

i feel its not required.  changing settings is done, i copied to new key. after that i have to do?

tell me the procedure please.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) At first check if your depr key is using  "units of production".

I suppose: yes.

Tr. AFAMA

-> Base method

-> Depr. method

2)   If yes: Check if you have inserted units in tr. AO25 in the relevant year.

I suppose: No.

So we have the reason of the error message AA650.

There is a depr. key with units of production but there are no units of production in tr. AO25.

Solution:

1) Use another depr. key which have no no units of production or change the settings of the depr. key or

2) Enter units of production in AO25.

Based on the previous discussion, I would suggest the following:

Copy your depr. key and in  the copy change the  depr. method (in the base method) so that you don't use units of production. Because: In this case you don't have to enter units of production in AO25.

best regards Bernhard

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bowen_cao
Contributor
0 Kudos

please customize AO25 when using a unit-of-production key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

• Check your base method in depreciation key and check Dep. method selcted for this method
  • Enter the nos. in quantity field in asset master

Hope it works

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally AA650 is always displayed if no production units are updated in AO25 for the relevant depreciation key and period control for acq. and additional acq. is used in the depreciation key.

If you are using a units of production key you should insert units in AO25 in the relevant year.

Best regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for fast reply.

my question is how it will usefull to split the depreciation values on Qty?

Ex: 100 Rs. each keyboard.   while purchasing keyboard  in bulk 10 keyboard was there.

so. 10 keybaoard *100=1000.

i want to calculate 1000 as full depreciation. this amount should  split on the qty. how the number of units will helps here?

Can you please clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MB,

I think you are talking about UNIT OF PRODUCTION DEPRECIATION???

Am i right?

Regards,

Zain Bashir