cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Error: Communication Failure. (FWM 00001)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I got a communication failure error when trying to connect to the 4.0 server via Crystal.

Please find the below screen. Kindly help me to get out of this issue.

Regards

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of Crystal are you using?  Do you have any of the other Client Tools installed?  If so, can you connect through any of them? 

Are you connecting to a cluster or to a specific computer which has a CMS?  If it's a cluster, you need to connect to a specific computer first in order to for the list of applicable servers to be written to your registry so that your workstation knows about the cluster.

Is your computer on the same network as the CMS?  If not, is there a firewall between the two?  If there's a firewall, is your 4.0 system configured to use "specified ports" instead of the default 6400 port and are those specified ports open in the firewall?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Thanks for responding quickly.

I'm using Crystal reports 2011. I'm able to connect from Client tools.

We are connecting from outside of the server. Do i need to maintain the host entries??

Yes my computer is in the same network.

Regards

Raghu

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, could you try entering the IP and hostname of the Server in the Host file and see if that helps.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

We added the FQDN in the host files, even though still we are facing the same error.

Could you please guide us what are the default ports for BO 4.0 & Crystal Reports 2011.

Regards

Raghu

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu

I am thinking this is getting to a point where a phone incident would be advisable. Since you have BO 4.0, you more than likely also have free phone support.

- Ludek

SCN Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have raised a change request for opening up the ports 6400-6490 to our network team.

Finally it works.

Thanks every one for your support.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001)

The client could not talk to the Server. Possible                causes of the problem are:           

Verify that the server is up, that network                communication is working correctly, and check if a request time out has been                set. If one has been set, lengthen the amount of time before the request times                out.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/errors/12/0/en/html/topic27.html

Thanks & Regards

M.syed