cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a new specification category ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP delivers std specification categories, substance/packaging etc. Is it possible to create a new specification category ?

I know you'd ask me why the need ? My clients dont want to use standard term  'substance' - they dont use it in their business process.

I could not find it anywhere in config nodes or documentation.

Thanks all,

Devi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devi.

In EH&S you use specification types not specification categories. For example the specification type REAL_SUB (substances that exist in your company) has the specification categories SUBSTANCE (behvior as a substance) and HAZARD (behavior as a risk agent) . Maybe you need a new specification type, but rarely a new specification category.

Regards.

JCD

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Devi

only small add on: the use of specifciation type (either SAP Standard ones or customer specific) is normal in SAP EH&S. Here you can add new specification types (but you should not change standard ones).

Specification categories should not be changed/added or whatsoever. This would be a "modification".

C.B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

Yes, it is possible to create Specification categories in the workbench. You need to know which subscreens will be available, what data must be autofilled in, function modules to follow and everything is a program. You can perform the above if u feel it is necessary but do not complicate things creating your own. Its better if you create a copy of the standard.

Path: SPRO - EHS - Basic Data and Tools - Specification Management - Workbench - Setup workbench/Specify layouts/Adapt initial screens.

Regards

Dhinesh