cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Time Approval in UWL for MSS giving Error: Service cannot be reached.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am stuck in 1 issue in MSS, want help from you.

We are on  SAP ECC EHP6 and CE 7.3 EHP1.

We are using ESS/MSS Launchpad for all the ess/mss activities.

Now in MSS when the manager clicks on the line item “Approve Working time” in his portal uwl in MSS, error screen gets popped up. Please see the screen shot attached. Could you please let me know what could be the issue.

Also I think its pointing towards java wd version of approve time application because when I right click on this error page and go to property I am getting this url:

http://XXX:8000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/mss~cat~approval/CatManagerApprove;jsessionid=0JqD_C4Og...

I guess mss~cat~approval/CatManagerApprove is java wd version application, but I want wd abap version application. How to resolve this issue?

Please help.

I am attaching this SWFVISU screen shot also.

TASK: TS31000007

APPLICATION    HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL
DYNPARAM        WL_ID=${item.externalid}&sap-wd-configid=HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL
NAMESPACE      SAP

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pctan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the UWL configuration, the standard is first come first serve basis.

The Standard Task TS3100007 - is appearing in few different XML (MSS_add_on, mss_001 and mss_tra, <SAP_HUMAN_RESOURCE>)

The easy way to resolve this is to upload your own version, copy it from the backend(SAP_HUMAN_RESOURCE)  XML that you configured via "SWFVISU"

then create your own XML and upload it, tick with "high priority".

OR

"copy it to another task, configure in SWFISU and CAC1 to use the new task ID.

Thank you

"Example of the XML"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE UWLConfiguration SYSTEM "uwl_configuration.dtd" PUBLIC "-//SAP//UWL1.0//EN">

-<UWLConfiguration version="1.0">

-<ItemTypes>

-<ItemType executionMode="default" defaultAction="launchWebDynPro" defaultView="DefaultView" connector="WebFlowConnector" name="uwl.task.webflow.TS31000007.DECCLNT">

<ItemTypeCriteria connector="WebFlowConnector" externalType="TS31000007" systemId="<<PUT THE BACKEND SYSTEM ALLIAS HERE>>"/>

-<Actions>

-<Action name="launchWebDynPro" launchNewWindowFeatures="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no" launchInNewWindow="yes" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" handler="SAPWebDynproABAPLauncher" groupAction="">

-<Properties>

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="5"/>

<Property name="newWindowFeatures" value="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no"/>

<Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL"/>

<Property name="WebDynproNamespace" value="SAP"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="yes"/>

<Property name="DynamicParameter" value="WL_ID=${item.externalId}&sap-wd-configId=HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default=""/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

</ItemTypes>

</UWLConfiguration>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arush,

First check in backend system inbox , Are you getting approval alert there or not ?

Then check MSS specific abap role is assigned to the user with active services or not ?

Also check weather system alias SAP_ECC_HumanResources register for UWL or not ?

Regards

Anuj

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you clear the cache and re register the work items?

Please can you check if the note customisation 1600953 is implemented

inthe system and Note 1618269.

re registering the system  in UWL again after adding System alias correctly in SWFVISU, It depends on what you have configured in your System administration under systems

by default in standard we have SAP_ECC_HumanResources   404 error is due to the connection to the system and so basically check your system aliases.

So the error you have is more of resource not being found is  alias settings and connection

from se80 your approval application should work fine

try to configure as i have shown and play around with the WAS properties thats critical

also, each time you change anyting clear cache and re register work items

I would need to see the system configuratoin and SWFVISU to actually see whats going on and of course you can see the error in default trace too

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Siddharth SAPNOTE 1618269 should not apply for Arush case as he mentioned that they are on SAP ECC EHP6 and CE 7.3 EHP1.

and said note seems to be applicable for EHP5, Correct me if i am wrong !!!

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes it doesn't apply as he is on EHP6. Thanks for updating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

I have some items for CATS approval in UWL list which was wrongly assigned to java webdynpro application.I have a correct ABAP webdynpro specified in an XML.I have uploaded the XML on high priority.Even then old UWL CATS items are pointing to the java webdynpro with 404 error as mentioned in this post. To solve the issue,

1)Will Re-registering web flow connector help in any way.

2)or If I configure the ABAP webdynrpo in SWFVISU, will it then point old items to ABAP webdynpro through SWFVISU(re-registered).

Or please suggest any other solution.The CATS uwl items cannot be submitted again as there are loads of them(>1000). Manually processing in back end is also a big task as it involves various

approvers decisions.

Regards,

Chamu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

The issue is resolved.

I re-registered webflow connector and then cleared cache.Not sure if re-register step was required.

Regards,
Chamu

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

re registering the connector is correct It is of highest priority. Also, if you want to process large number of CATS items use cats_appr_lite in backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chamu,

As you said that you have some items for CATS approval in UWL list which was wrongly assigned to java webdynpro application and you correct ABAP webdynpro specified in an XML.

May you please confirm that what and where you changed in XML ?

Is it com.sap.pct.erp.mss.addon? OR
uwl.webflow.SAP_ECC_HumanResources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I have re started my portal server, post restart I have re-registered my WebFlow connector and cleared all the cache, Still I am facing the problem.

Task ID : TS31000007, is available in mssaddon xml file. I have checked.

Also in SWFVISU, this task : TS31000007 is there.

Wat could be the issue now ? How to make UWL point to WD ABAP Application instead of java Application.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks siddarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi arush,

the change was already there in xml.I think it might be much easier if you can  configure this in swfvisu using

Task                           TS31000007
Visualization Type: WD_ABAP

Visualization Parameter:
APPLICATION: HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL
DYNPARAM: WL_ID=${item.externalId}
NAMESPACE: SAP

chamu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI  Suresh,

Yes, Task : TS3100007 is already there in

1) mssaddon.xml                   as well as in

2) com.sap.pct.erp.mss.001.xml

I have added exactly the same SWFVISU as suggested by you,

Task                           TS31000007
Visualization Type: WD_ABAP

Visualization Parameter:
APPLICATION: HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL
DYNPARAM: WL_ID=${item.externalId}
NAMESPACE: SAP

After this I re registered my Webflow connector in my UWL and cleared the cache and again went to UWL and clicked on Approve working time UWL Item, but still same error, as shown in my screen shot in my message above.

Is It pointing towards wrong xml or wat ? How to get this issue solved ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arush,

Try this one in SWFVISU

DYNPARAM    sap-wd-configId=HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL_1&WI_ID=${item.externalId}

NAMESPACE    SAP

SYSTEM_ALIAS    SAP_ECC

If you are using a Z-Application config please change accordingly

Register webflow connector and clear cache.

Regards,

Chamu

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you confirm in CAC1 also you are using standard tasks ie TS3100007? or is it custom?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sidharth,

WE are using standard task : TS3100007 Only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

I tried exactly wat you suggested, but it is not working at all. Same issue only I am facing.

I tried this as suggested by you: 

DYNPARAM    sap-wd-configId=HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL_1&WI_ID=${item.externalId} 

NAMESPACE      SAP 

SYSTEM_ALIAS  SAP_ECC

But same issue I am facing, so I reverted back to my old parameters which are mentioned below:

DYNPARAM       WL_ID=${item.externalid}&sap-wd-configId=HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL 

NAMESPACE     SAP

Please check the case sensitivity of these parameters also like externalid OR externalID and all, WI_ID OR WL_ID.

I am very much sure its something related to XML file only, Its not pointing to correct XML file.

Please see the screen shot.  I have attached Leave request approval screen shot also , as our leave approval is working fine in UWL. Please check the item  type configuration in both the screen shot.