cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO's migration-

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a requirement that Purchase orders (po's) has to be migrated to the new database.

we had listed the PO's that need to be migrated.

Issue:

What are all the post migration activites of PO's need to be perfomred.

Ensure the migration activity is successfull

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As all TR's transported and all master data created in production system,then 1st, you need to understand,how initial stock uploaded to SAP system!

For Open Purchase Order,you need to refer all Purchase Orders & find status of each Purchase Order and have LSMW or any uploading tools to upload into production system for each case where Purchase Orders are available in following levels

A.Open Purchase Order at Purchase Order level

B.Open Purchase Order at Goods Receipt Level

C.Open Purchase Order at Invoice level

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur positive response sir.

Actaully entire migration is done by Accenture people.

I need to validate the PO's migration, and create manual po's during the migration period.

assist incase of any issues which comesup.

whats the plan do i need to adop to validate all those. can u explain me in brief.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u also provide me the step by step procedure with tcodes or screenshots dump.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After migrating PO's from legacy to new SAP system, validate accuracy of migarted data ...and plan to address any discrepency

For Open Purchase Order,you need to refer all Purchase Orders & find status of each Purchase Order and have LSMW or any uploading tools to upload into production system for each case where Purchase Orders are available in following levels

A.Open Purchase Order at Purchase Order level

B.Open Purchase Order at Goods Receipt Level

C.Open Purchase Order at Invoice level

Need bit more information on the above:

How AND what do we need to validate - the accuracy of the migrated PO's data.

can you please explain the above point in more detail.

As am here to validate the migrated PO's data ONLY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

As Biju said correctly, please check all the points..

I will share my personal experience with below points, which i have carried out during implementation :

-Collect the data of open po's from legacy system.

-Confirm whether all masters are uploaded in SAP - MMR & VMR

-Convery Legacy data into SAP data-codes (material, vendor)

-Confirm whether info record is needed or not. If yes, create info record for vendor/material combination. Take help of technical team for LSMW.

-Then, create all open po's in SAP. You can create manually, if no. of po's are less. Otherwise, take help of technical person for BAPI.

Hope, you can do it...all d best !!

Regds,

Nilesh

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

Additions to what Bijju and Nilesh said...

-- Prepare the list of open PO's from legacy system (Business need to define what is the defination of open PO).

-- If vendor master or material master no's changing from legacy to new system, prepare x-ref list for legacy master # and new SAP master#

--- After migrating PO's from legacy to new SAP system, validate accuracy of migarted data ...and plan to address any discrepency

-- You can also plan to put legacy PO's no in one the field in new SAP enviornment for x-ref purpose.

--Business also needs to plan to communicate to vendor about new PO's (cancel old PO's), shipping material and sending invoice during cut over period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After migrating PO's from legacy to new SAP system, validate accuracy of migarted data ...and plan to address any discrepency

Need bit more information on the above:

How AND what do we need to validate - the accuracy of the migrated PO's data.

can you please explain the above point in more detail.

As am here to validate the migrated PO's data ONLY.

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can validate data by using PO display reports (ME2L, ME2M etc) or by taking dump from table EKKO & EKPO.

You can validate vendor#, material#, order qty, plant, price and any other details which is important to business.

Former Member
0 Kudos

helpful answer sir.

can u also point the key target areas in brief with an example or provide screenshorts of the whole PO's validation process at

* Purchase Order at Purchase Order level

* Purchase Order at Goods Receipt Level

* Purchase Order at Invoice level

regards

rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What believe from all your previous post is that you have finished all the cut-over activities upload and now you need to validate the same in SAP.

For that you can you standard reports,

ME2L - By Vendor

ME2M - By Material

ME2W - By Supplying Plant

With proper Selection Parameters on the screen open PO'S, GR and IR.

You can also Use ME80FN - General Analyses

ME81N - Analysis of Order Values

BR,

Patil