cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EWM - Donot update Goods reciept before putaway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In EWM, is it possible to control the update of goods receipt status in Inbound Delivery as completed only after the putaway is completed(after WT confirmation) ?

If yes, what is the customization to be done?

Regards,

Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

depends on the EWM release

There is an activity "control message processing dependent of reciepient". In there you can set that not after each task confirmation the GR is posted back, but only after all tasks have been confirmed. At least that is so until 7.01. Don't know if with 7.02 or 9.0, but this entry is vanished.

In the "Set control parameters for ERP version control" there are also settings for when the GR is sent back, in the 9.0 release one additional variation is available. Now you should be careful changing settings here, as we say everything you do here is marked as "modification" and is not standard anymore...

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks.  The "Set Control Parameters for ERP Version Control" has option "GR Mode"  which is meant for Update of ERP delivery with Goods Movement status.  It doesnot have any impact on EWM GR status in Delivery.

When we confirm the Unloading WT, the "Goods Receipt" Status is set to "Completed".

But we want GR Status to be completed only after Putaway WT is confirmed.

Is this possible? also , does it make any business sense?

Regards,

Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shetty

If GR is auto confirming after unloading, then PPF action has been set. You may require to deactivate.

As a standard if putaway WT is confirmed the grn is also auto confirmed.

Sample biz case, you want to meet the SLA time by performing gr at bin itself while each material is ptwy. Example, if you do not want to scan barcode of same material twice, one at the door and at bin.

Karthik

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shetty,

It is possible in standard version.

Can you check if a PPF action is customized for your solution?

Inbound delivery, item tab: PPF Actions. Check if any PPF action posts GR.

Also please check unloading process documents' process type and check process type activity(if there is one).

There are many customizing methods to do this, but i can say your version seems modified to post GR.

Best regards.

Serhan

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah, should have asked which inbound delivery you mean. Yes, the setting I described is for sending the info back to ERP and changing the status there, it does not change the status in EWM.

Hm, the only place I do see is the status profile, for a status there is a setting how a status is "calculated". Theoretically it would work that the "GR" status is only calculated when the "Putaway" status is set - but these status profiles are not really changeable and you can not change this "calculation".

And the system does post the GR movement on the EWM side when you do the first movement - which I believe legally is completely ok. So I am not sure if it makes really business sense to have this changed.

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (0)