cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC CUP 10.0 Change User Validity Date Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

I am trying to update an SAP ECC user account validity date within SU01 "Logon Data" tab through CUP in GRC when making a "Change Account" request.  Currently, I'm selecting ECC as the target connector within the request form and selecting the desired validity dates within the respective row.  Upon submitting the request, this is not provisioning to ECC SU01 "Logon Data" tab.  If I update the role validity dates with the "Retain" option selected in a change user access request, these updates are made successfully in the roles tab in ECC SU01.  I have users with over 40+ roles and it is much more convenient to update the SAP user account end date rather than at the role level.

We are currently on Service Pack 9 and I am unable to find any SAP notes applicable to our environment.  Has anyone ran into this issue before or have any thoughts on where else to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member704195
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

To change the user validity in Su01 can be done via adding the system line item in the request.

Provision the request, it will definately work in the way you are expecting it to work.

Once satisfied, kindly mark the thread as answered as rest of the people will get to know about it.

Regards,

Nidhi Mahajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Could you please tell me the method that how to set validity date for all users at same time?

I know to set validity period by SU01 but i want to update globally. Is it possible?

Please help

Regards,

Ajay

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Have you tried to do mass user request to change validity date? This would be like using SU10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen,

Yes i was tried by using SU10 but there is no option for set the validity period.

Anyway i have done this activity one by one for all users.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Do you mean you tried to use SAP GuI transaction SU10 and there was no validity dates? That is you are not using GRC CUP. If you just using SU10 you can extend validity on account master for multiple users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Yes I was tried to use SAP GUI transaction SU10.

I don't know about GRC CUP. Could you please explain what is the GRC CPU in short, is like SAP ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

Yes, Colleen is correct.

If you need to change the validity of user then you need to add a system line item and then change its validity date. It should work.

Regards,

Shaily

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Brandon

Instead of completing via roles, you need to choose Add > System to the request for the user

On the System Entry line you can then set the validity period for the SU01 Authorisation Tab.

If you choose a different Request Type (build your own) you can then assign Action Change User Only instead of Assign Action as well

For example - I Created a Request Type of Extend Validity:

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv

Can you please check the Use Details tab to make sure surname is completed?

Also, check SU01 does not have an address inconsistency (if it won't let you display the address tab then you do)

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleen

On portal on the access request form the User Details tab is greyed out...in SU01 the last name is consistent...I even tried to change my user account end date and it does not update my SU01 account either.

Rajiv

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv

User Details tab is greyed out

Have you looked at EUP field settings to see if field is set as read only? As SU01 User Master field has Surname as a mandatory field, so too will the Access Request

Please check your EUP settings to see if you have surname set as read only. You need to open the field or map a default value to appear so that the field is not empty.

Regards

Colleen