Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different prices for a material

dattatreya1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In my recent interview I was a asked a question. I am unaware of the answer.Can you guys please help me to understand it.

Suppose if I have a material say A. If material A is used as independent material in sales order then its price should be Rs20. If the same material A is used in KIT/BOM its price should be Rs30. How and where this can be configured in SAP SD.

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Dattatreya N R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dattatreya,

You can create the condition table with key "Item Category". Please note that the item category field is not available in STD for pricing you need to go for the user exit change and KOMG structure change for this.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Atulkumar Dagade

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dattatreya,

Suppose if I have a material say A. If material A is used as independent material in sales order then its price should be Rs20. If the same material A is used in KIT/BOM its price should be Rs30.

During interviews, try to think whether the question makes "business sense".

E.g.

Take a mouse (as a material).

If the mouse is sold independently in a sales order, it costs Rs.20

If a material LAPTOP-101 is sold, which has Laptop, mouse, laptop bag (as components); then in this KIT the mouse costs Rs.30

Why?

It is the same mouse! Then, why when sold with a Laptop set, it costs Rs.10 more?

On the contrary it should cost little less e.g. Rs.18 (or equal Rs.20)!!

If you raise these kind of questions to the interviewer (in a polite and constructive way), it might impress them.

Coming to the solution to this question, I think Atul's suggestion could be the solution.

Again, in interviews, ask some related questions -

(in the sales order) Do you want the price (e.g. Rs.30) to populate automatically Or the user himself/herself can change it manually too?

Because, if changed manually then no configuration in pricing (enhancement or standard would be needed).

But also convey that the condition type should be allowed to be changed manually and where this can be done.

What could be the possible impacts of making this change (users can change the price, in all the sales orders where this condition type is being used)

For a functional consultant role, the interviewer is not only looking at the (final) solution, but how he/she is getting there?

How the consultant is interacting with the client - asking questions, giving the various options etc.

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Add item category is the only way it could be done as it is pre-determined.

Lastly, be careful of these interview questions, as your answer may solve an existing problem for the organisation and you still do not find yourself employed ... been there done that!!  From my point of view these are high level questions and not the standard questions that should be asked in an interview.

Regards

Waza

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Waza,

From my point of view these are high level questions and not the standard questions that should be asked in an interview.

It would be interesting to know the reason for your above opinion.

Thank you, in advance!

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

TW, I have been on both sides, the interviewer and interviewee and I know how it all works.  I have also been in a position looking for new project staff and having exiting consultants who could not answer the business questions during requirement gathering.

When questions like this are directed to me by technical people during an interview then I can see via their posture, position of their eyes whether they are asking the question for their own benefit or whether they are trully asking to find a "solution architect".

Hope it helps

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramachandra,

Thease are two diffenrent scenarios.

You don't have STD posibilities. If you want to use independent material as a BOM you need to change Item catgroup of the material. If you change item catgroup that is not at all a BOM.

So, you need to go for enhancement.

Regards,

Ram

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

these are two different scenarios.

if Material -'A' used as a individual item in sales order maintain condition record in VK11 as a 20Rs/-

if the same material you want use in BOM as main item  maintain "PN00" condition manually item level as 30 rs/- in sales order.

so that it will deactivate 20 Rs and activate minimum price 30 Rs/-

please let me know if you need further clarification.

Regards,

Krishna,

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also use the Function of Cumulation Condition in Structure Condition filed in the Condition Type Configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dattatreya,

As per my understanding you have a BOM which have Price E.g. 100Rs. and the BOM have X & Y subItems.

In individual Case X have a Price 50 Rs.

Issue is during the sales Order Creation when you are using X material separatly its taking 100 Rs.

I think there is some problem in the Condition record creation.

Could you please check your condition records anr update us.

Records

AG.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If material A is used as independent material in sales order then its price should be Rs20. If the same material A is used in KIT/BOM its price should be Rs30 .

I think ,if the Material is Independent in Sales Order then It will take " standard price " as from Material Master .If you use same Material in BOM then probably ,it will take price from condition record .

Note : I thought ,I was wrong in my previous post .Not sure in this case also ,let wait some time to get answers from our users .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

BOM is not having a single material ,at least you need more than one material for creation of BOM .So ,in this case Sub Item cost should be 10 rs and Main Item cost always should be 20 rs .

With Sub Item ,its cost is 30 rs and without sub item 10 rs means Main Item cost always should be 20 rs .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren