Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Data Source: Direct Access Mode "1" Instead of "D"

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi All,
Having query Regarding PS Data Sources.
Right now working on 0ps_10 & 0ps_20 .This Data Source is having Direct Access mode was set to  "1" Instead of "D".
But We Required  Delta for this Data Source. Could any one  please suggest to solve this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Kindly help on this issue.
Thanks & Regards,
Samar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samar,

The standard data sources 0ps_10 & 0ps_20 are not delta enabled data sources.One option is you could create custom data source.

Regards

Padmaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmaja,

My assumption is if i copy standard data source extract structure and do some modifications in FM will it work properly? 

If i create custom Data source with FM will the data posting exactly match  or not?

Could you please help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Samar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samar,

You can copy the extract structure of the standard data source.Most of the standard data sources are based on function module, that too with complex logic and it is really a hard task to understand them.If you are good enough in ABAP may be able to understand it after debugging and i can assure still wont be able to create as SAP did.

Over all it is not a easy task and i wouldnt recommend to do it.

You can create generic data source based on FM and write the logic according to your requirement.

Regards

Padmaja.

0 Kudos

Hi Samar,

Try with Psudo Delta by writing a Routine at Infopackage level,I hope you will have created on date or changed on date in the Extractor,Write a Routine using these fields in Infopackage.

Regards,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Could you please explain the procedure.

How can i pick the data dynamically to bring delta postings?

If you have any program for this kind of situation kindly provide the code  .

Please help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Samar

0 Kudos

Hi Samar,

Find the Date field in your datasource there should be Created on or Changed on date.

1.Take the Changed on date,It should be present in the Selection parameter of the Infopackage

2.After that create a Routine with the below code.

data: l_idx like sy-tabix,

lc_startdate like sy-datum,

lc_enddate like sy-datum.

read table l_t_range with key

fieldname = 'CHANGED ON DATE '."Like AEDAT

l_idx =  sy-tabix.

lc_startdate = sy-datum.

lc_enddate = sy-datum - 7. " To get the changed records for the last 7 days this is used.

l_t_range-FIELDNAME = 'Changed On Date'.

l_t_range-LOW = lc_startdate.

l_t_range-HIGH = lc_enddate.

l_t_range-SIGN = 'I'.

l_t_range-OPTION = 'BT'.

modify l_t_range index l_idx.

Try with this code So that all the records which have been changed in the last 7 days will be loaded to Targets.

Note:This will update only the changed records,If the New records are created then we should take  that once in a week a Full load should be done So that the records dont miss.