cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

"Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"

I am facing above mention problen , actualy i have install SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .Net framwork(64- bit) 13 on my machine but on previouslly install lower version of SAP Crystal report runtime and i have updated this version then i am facing the problem,looking some assembly error when running the report.If anyone know the solution it will very helpfull for me.

Thanks,

Abhinav 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinav

What Service Pack did you update to?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Primary Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

Thanks for reply, I have downloaded the and install the following link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35074

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio SP5 - MSI (64bit).

I am using VS 2012.

I am waiting for valuable response from you.

Thanks,

Abhinav

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The link you are pointing to is for a document, not a download. The document has about 16 download links. Which of those did you actually use?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

I have downloaded the below link:

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio SP5 - MSI (64bit) (CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_5)

from http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35074

Thanks,

Abhinav

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am assuming your computer is the development computer(?). On that computer you must run the install exe:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_5.exe

Uninstall the MSI first, then install the exe. This will integrate CR into VS and it will also install all the runtime on the dev  computer. Use the MSI / MSM / ClickOnce only on computer where you deploy your app.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

Thanks for reply, I have followed ur suggestion and now working fine .

Thanks a lot.

Abhinav

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know. Had me worried for a while

Thanks for letting me know it is working and have a great weekend,

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek, I am facing the similar issue, can u please check in this link http://scn.sap.com/thread/3445845

I am using Crystal Report 11 and installed it again, but it is of no use. Please help me as it eats my head for many days and I have posted in many forums but it is of no use.

Awaiting for your early reply.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you already have another open Discussion on this here:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3445845

As per the Rules of Engagement, it is not a recommended that you create two discussions on the same topic. Please continue on http://scn.sap.com/thread/3445845. Hint: it will be a very good idea to ad the piece re. using CR 11 to that Discussion...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

We are using Visual Studio 2010 and on it CR wAS workimg fine

but now we have moved to VS Community edition 2013 but CR is not working properly.

Will CR support Visual studio community edition 2013 , if yes in that case which version we should

download and install

Kindly help us...

Thanks

Narasimha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem as the original poster. I am using VS 2015 and have installed CRforVS_13_0_15 using the link provided above in this thread. I am publishing my app using the setting for AnyCPU in VS. When I run my app from my development machine I get the error posted above and when the program is run from another computer that is not the development machine I also get the same error. This is not a web application. It is a stand alone app that I build and then distribute. I am not using any installation package such as click once or MSI or anything. I have 15 files in the References section of my application that refer to Crystal reports. I copy all of these files to the client machine when my app is distributed. The file log4net is not in my references and therefore I do not distribute it. How do I resolve this?

BTW, I am using .Net 4.0 for building my app.

Error msg is :  Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

Thank you for response.

I am running: Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013                Microsoft .Net Framework

Version 1.2.0.31101.00 Update 4                             Version 4.5.51209

with Crystal 13.

Which download do I need ?

Install ExecutableFixed IssuesMSI 32 BitMSI 64 Bit

MSM

32 Bit

ClickOnce

32/64

ClickOnce

"Homesite"

WEB XML Deployment

Support Pack 15

(v.13.0.15.1840

SP15 Fixed Issues32bit.msi64bit.msi13_0_15.msnClickonce32/64

clickonce32

clickonce64

crdbxml15.msi

Support Pack 14

(v.13.0.14.1720)

SP14 Fixed Issues32bit.msi64bit.msi13_0_14.msnclickonce32/64

clickonce32

clickonce64

crdbxml14.msi

Support Pack 13

(v.13.0.13.1597)

SP13 Fixed Issues32bit.msi64bit.msi13_0_13.msnclickonce32/64

clickonce32

clickonce64

crdbxml13.msi
Support Pack 12(v.13.0.12.1494)

SP12 Fixed Issues Wiki

32bit.msi64bit.msi13_0_12.msnclickonce32/64

clickonce32

clickonce64

crdbxml12.msi

RTM

(v. 13.0.0.x)

Release Notes

Installation Guide

32bit.msi64bit.msi13_0.msmclickonce32/64

clickonce32

clickonce64

N/A

Thank you,

Pete J.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SP 15 will be fine. We keep the older SPs as a "just in case" type of scenario. On your dev system run the install exe, not the msi. When deploying you can run the msi, msm or clickonece.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

All seem to be .MSI's.

Where do I get the install EXE ?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, if you look at the very beginning of this thread, where it has the original post and my answer, you see the link I quoted there:

Alternatively, if you go to the actual doc that has the downloads and hover over "Support Pack 15" in the "Install Executable" column, then look at the bottom of your screen you will see that this is an install exe, not an MSI:

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Did all the above . . . Thx

CrystalReportViewer still wants LOG4NET 1.2.10.0 and isn't finding it on server:

LOG4NET must not be present on the server ? but LOG4NET 1.2.13.0 is there in \bin

on the server.

Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

Line 88:            <td align="center" style="border:solid 1px black">

Line 89:                <asp:Panel ID="pnlReport" runat="server" Width="800px" BackColor="LightBlue">

Line 90: <CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server"

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Are you compiling your solution at 32, 64 bit or Any CPU? 

What version of .NET Framework are you building your application with? 

I have a sneaking suspicion your .NET Framework is out of date for this solution. 

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

"Any CPU" in Configuration Manager of Build menu.

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013              

Version 1.2.0.31101.00 Update 4                          

Microsoft .Net Framework

Version 4.5.51209

Thx,

Pete J.

peter@charter.net

peter.marshall.jordan@gmail.com

562-552-1284

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek, Brian,

Finally!!! got beyond the LOG4NET error thanks to an articles (stackoverflow)

which led me to MSDN which led me to your

KBase 1550854 - \"Could not load file or assembly 'log4net' or one of its dependencies\" Error when buildi....

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_b...

1550854 was spot on.

Once I copied the 32-bit LOG4NET.DLL to the server . . . no more etrror.

but now I'm getting the old "bobj" error

because the CR javascipt is not found, crv.js in particular. How should I correct this,

i.e. get these files properly onto the server ?

Thx,

Pete J.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks for letting us know Peter. At least we know the KBAs we write are useful on occasion

Have a great day

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Certainly.

Any advice on the "bobj" error ?

Copying the \aspnet_client directory tree to app base

directory fixed the "bobj" error in DEV environment . . .

. . . but on the server ??? not the solution so far.

Should we then use the 32-bit msi on the server based

on fact that 32-bit LOG4NET was solution to that problem ??

Pete J.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. Missed the bobj issue. (note to self; read, read, read)

The bobj erro ris typically caused by incorrect configuration of the viewer. I fin that this 3rd party blog is so well written it helps a lot of people:

Visual Studio 2012 Crystal Report not working on Windows Server 2012/ 0x800a1391 &amp;#8211; JavaScr...

and just as an FYI, this one from the same source may also help:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio/blog/2012/10/16/report-appears-blank-...

We have a number of KBAs on it and blogs as well, but for some reason, many people find the above the best explanation. Please have a look and I'll keep my fingers crossed...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Thanks so much. Good help.

2nd link is botched . . . ?

Thx,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Having same problem with LOG4NET but only upon deployment, works fine locally.

Can I get link to the equivalent download for VS2013 please:

"I am assuming your computer is the development computer(?). On that computer you must run the install exe:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_5.exe

Uninstall the MSI first, then install the exe. This will integrate CR into VS and it will also install all the runtime on the dev  computer. Use the MSI / MSM / ClickOnce only on computer where you deploy your app.

- Ludek"

Thx,

Pete Jordan

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You can get the latest service pack from here. 

Thanks,

Brian

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

In the properties of your project, go to the Application tab and in the Target framework, set it to .NET Framwork 4. 

Visual Studio defaults new projects to .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.  I run into this problem when I create a new project and I'm forever going in to set it properly. 

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

Thanks for reply,I have follow ur suggestion but not working.

I have downloaded  and install the following link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35074

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio SP5 - MSI (64bit).

I am using VS 2012.

Thanks,

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting this same error in my VS2013 application when I run it on the user's computer. It works correctly on my development computer, however. I did notice that the version of log4net that is installed is version 1.2.13.0.  I have the Crystal Reports version 13.0.14.1720. The project properties Application tab has the target framework as 4.5.1.

I used to have to install Crystal Reports on the user's computer but now that does not even seem to be allowed. Any idea what could be the problem?