cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-12154 error when using Crystal Reports for Enterprise

0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I am having hard time figuring what's wrong with Crystal Reports for Enterprise. I have created a unx universe using Information Design Tool and publiched it to the repository. When I try to create a report using Crystal Reports for Enterprise, I am getting the following error

Error:
[] <com.businessobjects.dsl.commons.exception.NestedException: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
>

Cause of Error
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

I tested the connection in IDT and it is working fine. I was able to create a Webi report on the universe and it is working fine. I am not able to figure why it is giving an error when I try to create a report by using Crystal Reports for Enterprise. I checked for TNS names on my machine and on the server. They are all correct.

The following is the deployment information.

Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit, 8GB ram)

BOBJ Version: 4.0 SP6

Database: Oracle 11g (64 bit)

Thank you,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

The solution to this issue is fairly simple and can be found below,

As all of us know, we have to have both 64 Bit and 32 Bit ODBC's configured on the Server where Business Objects Server is installed. We installed both 32 Bit and 64 bit Oracle Clients on the server and checked the TNS Names. For some reason it was not able to pick the path of the 32 Bit oracle client. So it was throwing an error ORA 12154, when trying to create report with Crystal Reports for Enterprise (but it worked fine with Webi Rich Client which uses a 32 Bit client. Don't ask me why).

We changed the path to point the binary of the 32 Bit client and that made the trick. Refer SAP KB 0001198150 on how to change the environment variables.

Thank you,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have similar problems for connecting database.

Error:
[] <com.businessobjects.dsl.commons.exception.NestedException: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
>

Cause of Error
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

The following is the deployment information.

Server: AIX 5.3L (64 bit)

BOBJ Version: 4.0 SP7

Database Server: Oracle 11g (64 bit)

Database Client: Oracle 11g (32 bit)

Crystal Report for Enterprise

Oracle client and Business Objects Server was installed on AIX server, but Oracle server was installed on another server.

Could you tell me how can I connect DB?

What did you mean about "SAP KB 0001198150" from above article?

Thank you,

Tony

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tell what does "SAP KB 0001198150" mean?

0 Kudos

Hello, I am still having this issue. Any suggestions?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sri

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to the Data Connectivity space.

-Abhilash