Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named pipe error occured in XSD

former_member208246
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Imported a single XSD file in to BODS by reading the URL of the RSS feed. Have processed this functionality in BODS 4.1 by using the Entity Extraction.But i was not able to retrieve the multiple files at a time  While validating the job for the single file,  it was not throwing any error or warning. I tried to execute the job and it throws an error as "Named pipe Error Occured". I  parse the file since it is of nested relationship and executed the jobs. Can any one let me know how to resolve the issue??????

I have attached the screen shot below for the reference.

Best

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjay,

This is a very generic error in BODS. Possible reasons could be a data transfer thats trying to pushdown, DI calling a function and thread is broken, dataflow may be consuming memory etc etc...

In your case it is happening at two query joins. Whats the the query join? Are you using a distinct or group by with aggregate function?

Thanks,
Arun

former_member208246
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

I have not used any distinct or group by with aggregate function. I have used the transform Text Data processing to parse and read the unstructured data. Within the TeXt Data Processing transform I have set the option "Run as Seperate process - YES". So the data flow is split up in to a multiple sub data flows and the processing is carried out.

Is there any alternate customized approach to overcome this data flow memory consumption .

Here the schema is same and i have created multiple xml file to retrieve the records.(only the count of the RSS tweets differs).

Best

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjay,

Remove "Run as Separate Process" and run the job again and see.

Arun

former_member200473
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Please try by increasing the pageable cache memory size. from the sever manager.

Regards,

Shiva

former_member208246
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Arun

For the platform Text Data Processing, the Run as Seperate process is default and is set to YES.

i am unable to uncheck from YES this option as this check box is default set within this transform.

Best,

Sanjay