Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU25 - Step2B Result clarification needed

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading from ECC 6.0 to ECC6 EHP6 SP7. Can anyone tell me what logic is being used to come up with SU25-STEP2B Result ? I would like to know what table comparison I can do to find out same result.

We are trying to find out what tcode should be tested based on result what I am getting from SAP and why.

We have done following:

1) Compared USOBT_C before and after upgrade and found the delta what object being removed and add for Proposal.

2) Compared USOBX_C before and After upgrade and found the delta what objects added new for CHECK indicator.

Dilemma here SAP shown STEP2B tcodes do not match with my comparision above and there are good amount of tcodes which does not result from my analysis above shows in STEP2B result. I need to find out what SAP is providing the result in Step2B and using what logic and which tables contains those info.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

1st step:

read: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/86/e4e93a29768802e10000000a11402f/content.htm

2nd: so it is not sufficient to compare usobt_c and usobx_c after 2a. You need to compare suobx and usobt as well. ...and you need to take the content of the MODIFIED fields in the usob?_c-tables into consideration to get the result of 2b.

b.rgds, Bernhard

9 REPLIES 9

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

1st step:

read: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/86/e4e93a29768802e10000000a11402f/content.htm

2nd: so it is not sufficient to compare usobt_c and usobx_c after 2a. You need to compare suobx and usobt as well. ...and you need to take the content of the MODIFIED fields in the usob?_c-tables into consideration to get the result of 2b.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard

Thank you for your answer. I did compare USOBX tables but still I am finding tcodes where SAP shows in 2B result but it is exactly same as before for all underlying objects and values.

FBL3N is example, where SAP shows me in 2B result. Also in details all the objects/values are the same as before upgrade. I am really puzzled with this result where business is asking for explanation and I do not have explanation why SAP is showing 2B result.

There are so many tcodes which has same issue which I am not able to find why SAP will show me in 2B result. Below are tcode within my scope of analysis:

ABSO,CAT5,CC32,CG5Z,CK40N,CKM3,CN40,CN71,COEBR,CV02N,DSAL,FAGLGA35,FBL3N,FBPM,FBZG,FIBPU,FS10N,FV70,IA12,IQS12,KABP,KB15N,KB16N,KKA3,KKAO,KKAQ,KKAX,KKAY,KL20,KO01,KOB2,KOC4,KS03,KSBT,LICC,MB03,ME22N,ME23N,ME29N,ME37,ME39,ME59,MEAN,MICN,MIRO,MR8M,MS04,MS12,MSBT,PRAA,QA07,QPV2,QPV3,QS21,QS22,S_ALR_87008176,S_ALR_87008203,S_ALR_87008209,S_ALR_87008274,S_ALR_87012078,S_ALR_87012177,S_ALR_87012317,S_ALR_87012993,S_ALR_87013546,S_ALR_87013556,S_ALR_87013611,S_ALR_87100998,S_ALR_87101067,S_ALR_87101124,S_PCO_36000219,SE17,SM35,UDM_DISPUTE,VA03,VCC1,VE10,VE97,VI79X,VKM4,VL01N,VT22,VV11,VV21,VXA1,VXA3,WE02,WVM1,XK99,

0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

one thing is the 'X' in field MODIFIED in suobt_c and usobx_c, the other thing is, if SAP has changed proposals. Even if there does not seem to be a difference between your current usob?_c and the corresponding usob?-content, if FBL3N has been marked by FI-developers as 'changed', it will show up in 2B. If the values are the same simply keep your content or take over SAP defaults and continue....

Of course the precondition is always, to have all the notes mentioned in SAP note 440231 applied....

#440231 is the reference note for su25 containing the latest corrections.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Bernhard,

Thank you for answer. It make sense. I was using 2B result to prepare list of the tcode which should be tested or not but that was incorrect assumption. It is only proposal from SAP to whether I should accept changes which was already modified.

This brings to one more question:

During my analysis, SAP overwrote around 190 changes (NOT ALL) what we made it and it was part of USOBT_C and USOBT_X. Why would SAP will overwrite customer changes ?. Most of the changes were what we made Proposal = NO from YES(SAP) prior to upgrade or removed proposed values to blank.

Any idea ?

0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

this symptom is typical, if some 'MODIFIED'-flags are missing or set incorrectly in usobt_c/usobx_c.

With report SU24_AUTO_REPAIR and option "Complete missing modification flags in SU24

data" it is possible to restore such fals/missing entries. Unfortunately the correction report has to be run before the upgrade/update, as the old SU22 content is needed to identify such fals/missing flags...

If oyu still have a system which has not been upgraded and has the original su24/su22 content, you can run the report there and transport afterwards the usobx_c and uosbt_c table content to your upgraded system (su25 step 3). Then run again 2a,2b,... there.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

Thank you for the above information, it is really helpful.

I am currently performing SAP Security upgrade fromECC EHP3 to EHP6 in our Sandbox system.

Below are few of the highlights of SU25 results:

1> Step 2A -> Provided a huge list of output, mentioning below details on the screen:

Applications to be compared: abc

Applications changed with default values: pqr

Applications to be compared manually (2B): xyz

Now, I have never seen SU25 2A output in such a way. Even before this output was displayed on the screen, message appeared at the bottom: Transferring default values (abc of xyz applications compared). Does it say 2A made changes?

2> Step 2B: The output only consisted of custom tcodes, though there were some standard tcodes for which sap proposed was changed in previous release.

Can you please advise me on the above?

Thanks,

Sunny Doshi

0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

the protocol in step 2a is a new feature and was requested by many customers (to have a printable result....). It is just for documentation of / if changes performed.

Regarding 2b you probably have been trapped from missing modification flags... see SAP note 1539556, section A.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard (SAP Upgrade Expert ),

Thank you for the information.

Please find below the details:

1> Shall i assume that Step 2A output is a new feature with SAP NW 7.31?

2> I went through note 1539556, section A (Complete missing modification flags in SU24 data).

Just to inform you, the Sandbox system (new release) is a copy of test system (old release). Now, I did a quick check in tables USOBX_CD for 1 standard sap tcode which was changed from sap defaults in DEV & TEST systems old release. I found that USOBX_CD table showed 2 entries for this tcode in DEV system while in TEST system it didn't. Do you think this may be the issue for wrong output in Sandbox system (new release)?

3> Also, if this is the case, do I need to run section A i.e. SU24_AUTO_REPAIR in my DEV system (with new release) before I start SU25?

Couple of other observations:

1> Though Step 2B did not throw me the list of standard SAP tcodes which were modified in earlier release, SAP itself has taken the sap new proposals + custom changes for such tcodes. I went to SU24 and confirmed this. Also changed their check indicators to sap defaults.

2>I think 2B output was incorrect compared to earlier release, but still the 2C roles were correctly populated, with auth objects added / removed as per SAP proposals.

Appreciate your help on the below as well:

1> Say I ran 2A, 2B; identified that some SAP std tcodes were not available in 2B output hence modified those using SU24 immediately and the data is saved in a workbench TR, 2C and 2D completed. Now i execute Step 3 which carries complete data from tables USOBX_C & USOBT_X (I assume that in step3 it will ask for a workbench TR).

My question: SU25 -> step 3 will also take the changes which I made using SU24 (for which a TR was raised) or   I need to first transport Step3 followed by SU24 changes, followed by 2C role changes.

Thanks,

Sunny Doshi

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.