cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BEx customet exit var in WEBi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have number of BEx queries that uses Customer exit variables to populate data to the report. This works perfectly in BEx side. But when I use Webi to fetch data from BEx (without any universe), it is bypassing the customer exit. The exit is not getting triggered at all. Could anyone help me on this? Whether I need to do any further steps after creating a variable in BEx?

Thanks

Neo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neo,

where in the BEx query is the variable placed ?

Please make sure the EXIT variable is in the Filter section of the query

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Is the bellow Note still Valid

SAP Note : 1285993 - Support of Customer Exit Variables from BEx query into Web Intelligence via OLAP universe

Because even SAP Doesn't have a answer for this , they said in the Note, with BI 4.0 they will have solve the issue.

Even we had a Requirement of a Webi Report using Bex Query's (5 Query's for a Report ) should be Scheduled Daily Without any Manual Intervention and user should be able to run it for a Back date.

So we Wrote Customer Exit (Variable was in the Filter section of the query) But it didn't work in BO Web because Query had Mandatory Variable Prompts.

So after going through the SAP Note: 1285993 We came to a conclusion if you have a Bex Report with Prompt Variable the Customer Exit wont work

So we created Bex Query without Prompt Variable it worked but we gave another Report with Prompt for user to Run the Report for a specific day.

This Prompt cant be created on the Report level because this Report contains 5 Query's with for a Specific date and has Month to date variable.

Regards

Aflal

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aflal,

if you want to schedule the reports, then you need to leverage EXIT variables in the query without configuring them for "ready for input".

if you configure the EXIT variables without input you can easily schedule them based on system dates.

other mandatory prompts obviously need to be answered for the scheduling.

EXIT variables do work, but they need to be part of the characteristic restrictions area in the BEx query.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

that means Bellow Note is still valid

SAP Note : 1285993 - Support of Customer Exit Variables from BEx query into Web Intelligence via OLAP universe.

So for Our Requirement we need to go for a two Query's.

1) Without Configuring "Ready for Input"

2) With "Ready for Input "

Thanks

Regards

Aflal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I am using customer exit variables based on TVARV table to default the Periods for reporting and I would like to know if that option will work if I set the Custom Exit Variable to Ready for Input.

I cannot use standard periods based on system date since I need to folow the closing calendar...

My requirements are to provide a default value for the closed financial period and let users change it if they want to run for other periods.

On my webi schedule, the Period does not update with the changes that I make in TVARV, and keep the original that was there when I created the schedule setting.

I "think" I got this scenario to work in BI4.0 SP5 P10 but it is not working on BI4 SP4 P5.

want to double check with you if that option is available.

if not, I will need to duplicate my Bex / webi reports and have one for on demand and one for schedule.

Thanks for your help.

Rodrigo Silva

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rodrigo,

if an EXIT variable is configured as "ready for input" it will pretty much behave like any other variables and the values created by the EXIT will be shown in the list of values.

if the report is being scheduled and the EXIT variable is "ready for input" - correct, then the dynamic is not there anymore because it is now a variable that is "ready for input and as part of the scheduling process there is value configured.

if the report should automatically adopt and that as part of a recurring scheduling, then the EXIT variable can be used - but not as ready for input.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo,

I will duplicate the Webi report and use one for schedules with variables NOT ready for input and another version for the users to run "on demand" and be able to change the default values using the ready for input variable.

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

We are BO 3.1.  We have a User Input ready variable in Bex, whose values are restricted in F4 selection through the F4 BADI in BW.  But, when I execute the report in BO, i still get to see all available values for that object and not the values i'm restricting in F4 BADI.  Just to make a point, it works fine in Bex report.  Could you help with your inputs on this.

Regards,

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Sorry for catching up old post but my issue is similar to the discussions happening here. I have BEx query with customer exit on fiscal period and is NOT set to variable ready for input.

Using BW 7.0

Then while executing at BO side, duplicate fiscal period is coming in the selection parameter.

Any thoughts on this. Will really appreciate your earliest response.

Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If You are using Direct connectivity (BICS) for Webi Report. Then Your Bex Query that is been used to do a webi Report contains Customer Exit, It Wont work if you have Prompts ( Bex Prompts ) in Your Report..

SAP Note : 1285993 - Support of Customer Exit Variables from BEx query into Web Intelligence via OLAP universe

So you need to create a report without Prompts so Disable From BEx.

Two Querys - Two Reports

You can easily change the data source ( From Web Rich Client ) and Map the New Query and create the New Report (Without Prompt)

Regards

Aflal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

What BO version you are using and what type of customer exit variable you are using and what BW version you are? Also in which i_step you are populating customer exit variable?

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

What kind of customer exit are you using ? Is it to populate default values ?

Regards,

Sneha

Mikesch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

which version of BO is used?

BICS Connection?

BR

Mike