cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in FTP link to publishing target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL ,

While replicating Product Catalog to Index Server (IMS) im getting following error..

Error in FTP link to publishing target: 1

Message no. COM_PCAT_IMS870

Diagnosis: No link to the FTP server could be established.

System Response: No connection could be made with the FTP server selected by the publishing computer ID. The replication process is stopped, since the requested transport of documents cannot be executed.

I dont know where to do these FTP Setting or what to do, can someone guide me how to resolve this error.

Is it required any dedicat FTP server for this if yes how to configure FTP server to CRM server whether using RFC or some other adapter we can use for this.

We are using ABAP+JAVA standalone CRM 5.0

If possible anybody can send to me the documents by steps.

Thanks & Regards

Govinda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pictures and other external files are stored in a TREX-maintained directory for publication. The details fort his location are stored with the following transaction, and so made accessable for usage with FTP (from SAP) and HTTP (from the Webshop).

You may have to customize these settings following (I don't have an english system available here - so the text might be slightly different):

SAP reference IMG -> Customer Relationship Management -> Master Data -> Productcatalog -> Customizing publication targets for productcatalogs

Enter a name. The host (Rechnername) is the IP-address of the system that provides the directory. Enter the http-port (and if secured, the user and password) and the directory-name that will provide the data. Test your entry from the browser. eg:

http://sapsrv08:8080/IMS_DOCS_A5C/

FTP-Access is done using a RFC-connection. For front-end access use the SAPFTP connection, for server access the SAPFTPA connection. The default FTP-port is 21, but if your system configured another one, supply that one. Supply the FTP-user and the password or leave both fields blank is none is needed. The directory ist he same as for the HTTP above.

Again: test the entry from your browser:

ftp://sapsrv08:21/IMS_DOCS_A5C/

Save your entries and when the tests were successfull, the replication should work.

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether FTP service is enabled on the Index Server. Also just to test it quickly, try copy pasting the ftp url in the browser with credentials you supplied for catalog replication.

Which transaction you are using to run to replicate the catalog.

Regards,

Prashil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

I suggest you to check whether the FTP is activated or not. To check that go to ur START / RUN / type CMD / type FTP / type OPEN hostname / type ur user name and password, If the link is established you will not find this problem. If the link is not there, you can ask either BASIS or the respective team to do it.

Reward if this helps

"Regards

Ramesh"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govinda,

Was this proble solved.

we are also having the same issue. We too are on CRM ISA 5.0 with ABAP & Java stack. When we do a intial catalog replication we are getting this error as well: Error in the FTP Link to publishing target.

I request you to please let me know the cause of this problem.

My email id is rajeet.mathur@syngenta.com

Please get in touch.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks ain advance.

Rajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you advise what you put in as publishing target? We left it blank and the error we got is:

Index category could not be created, exception 7

Any input?

thanks!

Leon