Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sybmgmtdb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon, colleagues.

In the Sybase ASE server log file continually shows

server  2 task(s) are sleeping waiting for space to become available in the log segment for database sybmgmtdb.

The question is how to make space under the log segment?

Dump tran not work because base has a parameter trunc on chkpt, dump database not give any results, checkpoint dbname also zero effect, tell me what to do? Expand the base is not an option, because it is then still fill up. And why log segment are full when the base have a parameter trunc on chkpt?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I decided it this way.

After a dump db log is still not cleared. Dump tran not perform as db has the option trunc log on chkpt, also provides for mixed log and date.

First, increased space on the device up to 150MB, and then increased in the database to 100MB. After I made ​​the database dump and the log was clean. It worked.

kimon_moschandreou
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just missed this, well done!!

Kimon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below notes. It will solve your issue...

Note 1799477 - SYB: 'sybmgmtdb' database running out of space

Note 1810223 - SYB: Recovery of a database fails with error 3475

Regrads

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Your options are the closest, but to follow the orders of the notes have not solved the problem. Thank you for your help.

kimon_moschandreou
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stepan,

Please provide the output of

sp_helpdb sybmgmtdb

Probably it will be required to increase the log segment of sybmgmtdb database. By default the disk devices are not auto-expanding in Sybase ASE, so you have to configure their size appropriately.

Best regard,

Kimon

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stepan,

Refer link

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.39996_1250/html/svrtsg/svrtsg197.htm

Section : Runtime 1105 Errors: State 3

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member182090
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to find out which sessions has an open transaction and is stopping your transaction log from being truncated (this is the most likely cause). Check out Bret Halford's useful blog about this topic at http://scn.sap.com/community/sybase-ase-custom-applications/blog/2013/06/05/ase-faq-my-transaction-l...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

I read a blog, for me, everything is not clear, since I do not have enough knowledge of the tool Sybase, and unfortunately part of the script I do not work, why I do not know, so this way I could not solve the problem. But thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

The proposed methods are not really my option does not work unfortunately. But for the help thank you.