cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview of PDF not displayed in SAP GUI but in stand- alone Acrobat Reader

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

If we want to display a preview of a PDF output from Adobe Document Services in the sap gui, it will not be displayed in the sap gui. Instead of that the Adobe Document Reader starts and shows the pdf document. The disadvantage is, that you can not browse from one pdf document to an other.

If have seen at other customers, thet the pdf may be shown within the sap gui itself. And than the SAP GUI offers Buttons to easily jump to the next file or the previous file.

I checked the settings of the SAP GUI and the settings of the Acrobat Reader, but I found no suitable option.

Where can I set the option, to display the generated PDF as preview in the SAP GUI itself rather than in the stand alone Acrobat Reader?

Thanx in advance for any idea

Ralph

We use:

Acrobat Reader X

SAP GUI 7.30 Patchlevel 4 Hotfix 1

Adobe Document Services 800.20110314071231.822092

SAP ECC 6.0

Sample Transaction: PC00_M01_HRF (Print Payslip with Adobe Document Services)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Not sure if it's linked, but I had a similar problem with web browsers. Maybe try the setting in Adobe Acrobat:

Edit -> Preferences -> Internet -> Display PDF in Browser.

Cheers,

Russ.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Russel is correct.

I just simulated his advice by turning off this feature. The result was it opened the document in Adobe Reader instead of integrating it in the SAPgui.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Russels advice solves the first part of my problem. The PDF is now displayed within the SAP GUI. Thank you, Russel.
The second part of the problem is, that the buttons "first page", "previous page", "next page" and "last page" are still not activated.
Normally you can use it to jump from one PDF to an other (forward as well as backward, if more than one PDF is generated for the output, of course). These button are still disabled in my SAP GUI. Any output settings to adjust?

Regards,
Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ralph Herzog i have same issue i just enable to see only first page of any report ...did you found the solution ??? i am using IPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arsalan,

There are two preconditions:

1. in Acrobat Reader set option "Show PDF in Browser"

2. in HRFORMS set the forms option "Employees per Form (0=all)" to a large number (for example 9999)

Be aware of the fact, that showing a lot of pdfs in preview will consume a lot of time until the first pdf preview will appaer, because all forms will be generated before preview starts.

(Maybe my english transalations are not exacly that on your screen, because we use the german language in our SAP installation.)

Regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your precious reply but i have not any option in my iPad i am using SAP launcher Application and i dont have any option in Adobe Acrobat or reader in my ipad .. kindly guide me for suitable apps for iPad thank you

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

ritafarkas
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see you use the Adobe Reader X.
This is not supported from our side, so please install the Adobe Reader DC and try opening any preview with that.

Regards,
Rita

former_member748539
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Configure Internet Explorer to use the plugin / Acrobat Reader to open PDF files.

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am experiencing the same issue, was the issue resolved. Looking at the replies I do not see there was a solution provided for the same.

Request you to provide the solution for the issue.

Thanks,

Aj

ArunkumarB
Discoverer
0 Kudos
ArunkumarB
Discoverer
0 Kudos

If the user is using Nuance PDF instead of Adobe ,How to enable pdf preview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Adobe Reader Changed on where to turn on the "Display PDF in Browser."

1. Open Adobe Reader XI
    1. Edit > Accessibility > Setup Assistant

1. Click Next 4 times

1. Ensure Display PDF documents in the web browser is checked
  2. Click Done
  3. Close Adobe
Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using a front end output device with device type PDF1 and are you selecting this output device during the print preview ?

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

Yes, I'm using the device 'PDF' which has device typ PDF1. Our admins installed it to use for component SAPPDFPRINT. I tried with other printer devices, too. I select it during the preview and it is chosen as default device in my personal settings.

But still the output is opened in stand-alone Acrobat Reader instead of inside the gui.

Any idea?

Regards,

Ralph

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please open a query in BC-SRV-FP.

Regards,

Jude