cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campaign Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, Any suggestions welcome as to how campaign determination actually works. I have found the SAP documentation cryptic.

We have CRM 7.0 EHP1 and ECC 6.0. No CRM orders. Orders only created in ECC.

LOG_SD_CRMTGPSINTEGR ( CRM condition integration) is turned on in our ECC system.

So we have trade promotions based on Target groups and product segments. When the promotion is released the campaign determination conditions and pricing conditions are supposed to be transferred to ECC.

Switching on the condition integration made the Target group and product segment Ids available in the field catalogs for ECC, and the CRMD_MKTTG* tables are there to hold the target groups.

My question is really how should the campaign determination be set up in ECC. With the addition of target group ID to the field catalog if Campaign determination generates a campaign determination condition record with a key of lets say Sales org/Targetgroup/Product. Where does the order item get the Target group ID from which is necessary to populate the access sequence to determine the campaign, and of course a customer may belong to more than 1 target group.

My first thought was that perhaps this scenario just does not work, but then the documentation here http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/EN/46/4D73E46AB56A84E10000000A155369/frameset.htm

would seem to contradict that. Also what would be the point of transferring the Target groups?

Clearly there is a hole somewhere in my understanding that is not being filled by the documentation and I cant seem to find anyone else who has a clue so I would be grateful to anyone who can shed some light on this, and especially anyone who would be prepared to share their campaign determination procedure.

Thanks

Peter Jackson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter ,

Firstly when you release a trade Activity in SAP CRM in the Discounts assignment block you will be able to the conditions (Pricing and Campaign Determination)  the condition with usage CD is the campaign determination condition .

CD conditions will only be generated to for Short term Trade Promotion  Activities. For long term trade activities we don't need CD Conditions to be generated.

Please check  : for Campaign Determination.

After the Customizing download from SAP R/3 you can maintain the condition type for campaign determination in SAP CRM,

Maintain the condition type for campaign determination conditions under Customer Relationship Management - Trade Promotion Management- Trade promotion  -Condition Maintenance -Define Condition Generation - Campaign Determination Condition Type.

Maintain the condition tables for each condition type which the system uses for generating conditions under Customer Relationship Management - Trade Promotion Management -Trade Promotion -Condition Maintenance -Define Condition Generation - Condition Tables.

a. The condition tables must be contained in the access sequence for the condition type.

b. The condition tables for conditions relevant to price determination must contain the field Campaign.

c. The condition tables for campaign determination conditions must contain the field Product.

d. You can specify different condition tables for different specifications of the planning customer and for different product levels.

When the planning customer is a target group, the data in this Customizing table will be accessed in the following way:

• Trade promotions where the assigned planning profile group specifies planning at business partner level will read the table entry where the customer type = partner
  • Trade promotions where the assigned planning profile group specifies planning at the business partner hierarchy node level will read the table entry where the customer type = hierarchy node
  • Trade promotions where the assigned planning profile group specifies planning without a customer level will read the table entry where the customer type = target group.

Hope this Helps.

Thanks

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abhishek for taking the time to reply. What you say here seems consistent with parts of the documentation but I I'm still confused as to how to get it to work. Perhaps this is best explained with an example.

Suppose I have a Trade promotion for target group T1, which contains customer C1 and is for a group of products identified by a node in the ECC product heirarchy PH1

I create my trade promotion on this basis. On upon release I should get a campaign determination condition with key of Sales org/Target group (T1)/ProdH(PH1) which contains the ID of the new trade promo TP1.

This condition is sent to ECC where an order is placed, and the campaign determination kicks in.

Lets say we have a single condition type and the access sequence probably has some more specifc tables than the one we are looking for but eventually we get to:

Sales org / Target group / ProdH

I fill sales org with the sales org from the order header - EASY

I fill prodh with the product hierarchy node from the iteam  - EASY

But what do I do with Target group?

I have got a target group in the field catalogue that was added to the field catalogue when I enabled the condition integration in CRM. But what is it filled with? There is no function in the sales order to find the target group. And what happens when a customer belongs to more than one target group how is this resolved?

Does this explain my dilema better?

My suspicion is that you cannot actually use the Target group in ECC. If you read this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/46/01991c8aa1703fe10000000a155369/content.htm

You get to the point where it says:

Assigning Campaign Determination Procedures

Campaign determination is integrated into the condition technique in SAP CRM and SAP ECC. In parallel with pricing, the system generates condition records for campaign determination, which is copied from SAP CRM toSAP ECC together with the pricing condition records. Similar to the assignment table T683V for price determination, an assignment table T683V_CMP is defined also for campaign determination.

The key fields for these condition records are usually:

•   Planning account with different partner functions and hierarchy levels
  •   Product/product group/product category
  •   Organizational data
  •   Time period

These result in a unique GUID for the marketing project.

This implies that CRM will not generate conditions at the target group level but convert them to customer specific records and expand the target group.

Yet when you read this:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/EN/46/4D73E46AB56A84E10000000A155369/frameset.htm

it says:

If you activate this business function, the following applies:

●      You can transfer condition records that contain a target group or product segment as a key field from SAP CRM to SAP ECC and continue using them there.

●      The system automatically updates the field catalog within Customizing for the condition technique with the fields for target group (TARGET_GROUP ID) and product segment (PROD_SEGMENT ID).

which implies that it should work. That we can get access to the target groups in ECC what it fails to explain is how.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Peter