cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import license record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have imported a localization i.e country specific license on system which has global license, I understand while importing a record is created for license admin when importing how to find that record for correction.

Thanks

Deepak Magar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak Magar....

check in the following path

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One ServerTools\License  -

i) B1LicenseFile-xxxxxxxx.txt and

II) B1Upf.xml

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kennedy,

Thanks for your advise, on this location I have 2 files will removing 1 file help to remove the localization license? I want to remove the local license and keep global one.

There was 1 SAP note for same but I cannot find it.

Thanks

Deepak

Message was edited by: Deepak Magar Attached screen explains more, I want to remove one license type from 2 available.

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To reset the licence please follow SAP note 951816:

Symptom

When trying to allocate licenses to users, the number of licenses available is less than the (number of total - number of licenses already assigned).

(Menu Path: Administration -> License -> License Administration)

Solution

A user with a license allocated to her/him has been deleted from the system without deallocating the license first, or a company with users assigned has been deleted without deallocating the licenses first.

Each time a license is allocated/deallocated an entry is generated in an xml file "B1Upf.xml"

(Path: C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One ServerTools\License\ B1Upf.xml).

If a user/database is deleted without previous deallocation of a license that entry is not removed from the file thus taking up a license space.

To resolve the issue follow these steps:

1. Close all SAP Business One clients.

2. Make a copy of the file (C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One ServerTools\License\B1Upf.xml) and save it with a different name or in a different folder.

3. Delete the original file.

4. Stop/Start the license server.

5. Connect to SAP Business One and assign the licenses (Administration -> License -> License Administration). You will need to reassign licenses for all your users.

Hope Helpful

Regards

Kennedy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi 

Have you checked the above solutions, does the issue solved or not if not pls ask your questions

if solved pls close the thread with correct or helpful answers

Regards,

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kennedy,

Your solution worked, thanks a lot.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only TXT file is the file you need check. The XML file is license assignment to user.

From the screenshot, you have one for Netherlands and one for USA. You may check the expire date within the license file to see which is which. Delete the one you don't need. Back them up before any actions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You can open the license file to find the detail. License file is under Licensing folder with name starting: B1LicenseFile.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thanks there are 2 licenses on the server, I want to remove the localization license wld you advise how to do. there was a SAP note for same but I cannot find.

Thanks

Deepak