Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Enhancement Package installation must be configured with a Stack XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My system is EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0  ABAP running on Oracle server with HP-UX

I am planning to install packages  FINBASIS 606 FINBASIS 736, now the issue is I have downloaded the patches required using  Solution Manager  TCO LMDB  by chossing -> "Go to SAP Software Distribution Center" but it doesnt give me the option for downloading the stack XML file, How do I get the stack XML file now for individule packages?

When I try to install FINBASIS 606 by using TCO SAINT I get this massage:

This Enhancement Package installation must be configured with a Stack XML

Meddel.nr. TN559

Diagnosis

You have selected the component versions of "SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 6" for installation. Installation of these components is only possible if the installation tools are configured using a stack description (stack XML) created by the Maintenance Optimizer of SAP Solution Manager. Only this garantees that the installation is executed consistently.

System Response

The installation is not continued.

Procedure

Use Maintenance Optimizer to create a stack description for the installation of the "SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 6". Then restart the installation using the stack description. The installation note gives information on installing and creating the stack description in Maintenance Optimizer.

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ejersbo,

You need to use Maintenance Optimizer in Solution Manager to define the queue and download the stack.xml file.

Specify your selection in MOPz and it will automatically generate the required xml file for you to proceed. Next, upload the file in SAINT and you should be good to proceed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks for reply, I can just create a XML file from MOPZ if I choose

I can not create any XML for this part.

Pleas see the added fiile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to select "Ehnacement package Installation" in the plan maintenance step.

Yes, you would need to allow calculation of file automatically and proceed further. You can always uncheck files that are no relevant for you, before the stack.xml file is created.

Since you mentioned that you were able to create an XML file, are you able to proceed further?

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varum,

Thanks again for reply, My problemis there is no FINBASIS version 606 in  selectet Target, there is just FINBASIS 600. And I need FINBASIS version 606.

Pleas see the added doc.

Thanks

Reza

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this document for generating stack.xml file for Enhancement package.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000293582009E

Regards,

Shabeer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer,

Thanks for reply.

My solution manager is 7.1 sp11 and I have just LMDB worh with. 

And question is if I download some software component from SMP and not MOPZ how can I get a xml file just for this individul packages.

Thanks

Reza

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The problem could be with the product system assigned in SMSY in Solution Manager.

The product version should be EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 and not ECC.

Please check

Regards,

Sohrab Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for alle your help,

My problem was my component in LMDB wasnot correct. The problem was solver with user MOPZ and  select "Ehnacement package Installation.

Thanks

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reza,

Check this thread, may be helpful.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3256766

Regards,

Shabeer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again,