Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing Standard Gateway Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are deploying FIORI app in our landscape,

We have succesfully deployed My Travel Request and is working end to end.Now we are trying to enhance with a new
field on Get entityset.

Have anyone enhanced the standard Gateway services with a new field from SAP Backend to Gateway Modeling.

I have started with redefining the Method,but stuck with how to define a new field in Model Class.Please let me know,
anyone have done this.

Thanks for your support.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

There are generally two ways of modifying the OData Server Model -- With or Without Service Builder (Transaction SEGW).

With the service builder, you can just right click on the entity you want to enhance and add a new property of one entity. For this kind of change normally you will not have to maintain other stuff and then you can save and regenerate the service. In the bottom of the service navigation bar, you will see the corresponding Modeling class and you can check it out after re-generation.

Of course you can also do this via SE80, get the model provider class name and follow the standard class and method to add a new field. I think the positive part of this way is that it helps you to understand how the model is realized with the Object oriented ABAP code.

But for enhancements on Modeling I would recommend using the SEGW tool especially when you would like to add a new entity or change one ( you will have additional info to maintain like the navigation path, association related with this entity, etc) , it has a better UI and is easy to understand.

Hope this helps,

Raymond

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Go to SEGW transaction and open the project You can learn from standard class and implement the extension class.

Search create property method in the standard code.

lo_property = io_entity_type->create_property