cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access party identifiers in message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks, in integration builder I have created a Party, and added an additional Identifier for the vendor number for this Party in SAP backend, e.g.

Agency: SAP | Scheme: ALE#LI#LF | Name: 0000123456

The Party is used as sending Party of an integration flow (PI 7.31 AEX).

In mapping, I need to perform an RFC lookup using the vendor number (as defined above 0000123456) specified for the sending Party.

Anybody has experience with that? Thanks for your help, best regards, Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member237527
Discoverer

Hi, Martin,

I was searching extensively for solution to this problem. I was really hoping there was some "secret" Value-mapping context (other than the 'http://sap.com/xi/XI') that would allow a value-mapping function to plug into Party identifiers. I didn't find it - maybe there is one, maybe there isn't.

In the end I settled with getParty and getPartyID functions in UDFTPMPool library that comes with SAP B2B addon - they do exactly what you need.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for sharing

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hello Martin,

Identifiers are used as follows at runtime

Inbound Processing:

If a message from an external party contains an identifier for a company in the message header, the identifier is mapped to the name of the internal party (normalization). Only then can the relevant configuration objects required for the message to be processed further be found and analyzed in the Integration Directory.

Outbound Processing:

The internal party name of an outbound message is mapped to the identifiers to be used (in accordance with the configuration settings). The external receiver then receives a message that contains the externally-valid identifier in the message header (denormalization).

You can specify which alternative identifier is to be used in a specific communication step in the collaboration agreement (on the Identifiers tab page for the communication channel).

Regards,

Jani Shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, yes I make use of this functionality you explain here, but this is independent from my requirement to get access to the specified Party Identifier during message mapping.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, the thing is that I already use these Party Identifiers in an IDoc interface. Now I want to reuse this Identifier (the vendor number Scheme: ALE#LI#LF | Name: 0000123456) for other interfaces, instead of maintaining the same vendor number several places, e.g. as value mapping.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Flinki,

i think you would need a value mapping with combination of Business System and PI sytem id as import, the vendor number as export. Not nice, but it would work. SAP's concept regarding partys sucks (a bit).

/Udo

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Use below:

public interface StreamTransformationConstants

This interface contains constants that can be used in a java mapping to access runtime parameters. Most of these parameters are attributes of the message header, e.g., sender party, sender service, etc.

/AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, my requirement is to retrieve the Name (here the value 0000123456) for a certain Agency and Scheme defined as additional Identifier.

I specified the following Party Identifier for myParty:

Agency: SAP | Scheme: ALE#LI#LF | Name: 0000123456

and I need access to the Name, here 0000123456 in message mapping.

The StreamTransformationConstants only contains the following, but what I need is access to 000012345:

StreamTransformationConstants
Retrieved Value
SENDER_PARTYmyParty
SENDER_PARTY_AGENCYSAP
SENDER_PARTY_SCHEMEALE#LI#LF
???000012345

Did I misunderstand sth? How do I get access to this field?