cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FrontEnd Installer Remote installation Failed

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We create an installation server for massive update for SAPGUI's and distribution for new SAPLOGON.ini, we have created packcges for the installation and everything is fine locally but whe we try to make a remote instllation to a workstation we recieve the error:

Executing E:\SAPGUI\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="SAPGUI_EU" on Cliente, please wait...

Failure in executing E:\SAPGUI\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="SAPGUI_EU" on Cliente. Check parameters, credentials and verify if the Windows workstation is running!

If i run the command locally the installation and copy for the saplogon.ini it's fine but when i tried to do this for a remote workstation the error appears. Also i tried to enter from the workstation to the \\installation_server\shared\setup\NwSAPSetup.exe and execute the package from here and works fine.

Anyone can help us to this remote?

Regards

Thanks in advanced

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aldo,

Please refer this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-43075.

Thanks

Thirumal

0 Kudos

Hi Thirumal,

Thanks for response but i´ve tried everything and nothong works, i think that the error is something with the AD or with windows security.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am too try everything .

Execute from my Computer (A) through network share where place SAPGUI install server (B) to Computer C and have same error.

I try grant administrator privilegies for me on install server (B)

Have all permissions on WMI namespaces \\myserver\root\cimv2 on (B) and (C)

Anybody know how solve this error Check parameters, credentials and verify if the Windows workstation is running! ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aldo,

Are you using a "Domain Administrator" ID to deploy with?  Deploying package from the server as local administrator will not have sufficient authorizations.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

from my Computer (A) through network share where place SAPGUI install server (B) to Computer C  I can run any local applications (example: calc.exe cmd.exe ... I can display all processes) but from network share its not possible.

If i copy SAPGUI distribution on Computer (C) i can execute it remotely.

To install SAPGUI from network share me need Domain Admin privilegies?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the remote system is trying to kick off an installer located on drive E:\ then you need to change things to point to \\servername\share.name\SAPGUI\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="SAPGUI_EU"

0 Kudos

Hi Billy thanks for response, im also tried this with thw path of the shared package, if i run this in the installation server with \\hostname\shared\etc...... the error is the same, in the workstation i put the full command in the run windows and it´s work but from installation server the error persists.

Regards

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So from workstation A performing a remote install is failing to kick off?

I'm curious to know what the path is from workstation A's perspective when it is kicked off remotely from the installation server?

0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

If i execute the same comand

\\sapdc\sapgui\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="SAPGUI_EU" from the run window in the workstation the installation and the copy of the saplogon.ini works very well. but when i execute the same in the installation server with the administration tool the error persists:

Executing \\sapdc\sapgui\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="SAPGUI_EU"

on Cliente, please wait...

Failure in executing \\sapdc\sapgui\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="SAPGUI_EU"

on Cliente. Check parameters, credentials and verify if the Windows workstation is running!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are attempting to deploy/push out SAP GUI from the installation server and the end result is a failure?

How are you attempting to deploy/push out the software?  Psexec/SMS/SCOM/other software distribution package tool.