Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with queues. Soap adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all!

Please, help me.

I try to send messages using next URL http://piq:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<MY_IP>:SEND_SOAP

We send many messages in short time, but when we analize smq2, there are never more 5 queues we can see.

It seems there is a delay before reaching the queue.

I try to increase parametr EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL, but this has no effect.

Цhat could be the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fedor,

You need to increase parameter EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL for increasing smq2 queue number in sxmb_adm  . BTW, be careful while increasing EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL parameter which will effect performance of the system.

Increase parameter EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL and check again . This will help for sure

Regards

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

thank u for answer.

I tried to increase parameter EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL, but it has no effect too.

We still send messages for 16 services, but smq2 shows only 5 queues type XBQO$PE_WS<num>

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fedor,

You increased parameter in sxmb_adm as shown below only ?

Regards

Hari.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fedor,

Please also ensure that parallelizm on the SOAP adapter is sufficient (so that messages processing bottleneck doesn't occur due to limited amount of concurrent consumer threads allocated for the respective queue of the SOAP adapter).

Tuning of adapter specific parallelization can be performed using property messaging.connectionDefinition of the J2EE service XPI Service: AF Core of AS Java of PI. By default, 5 consumer threads are allocated at maximum for each adapter specific queue for Java based adapters - this may be the root cause of the bottleneck you observe and correlates to maximum 5 RFC queues that are utilized by Integration Engine / Business Process Engine even when you increase concurrency on their side to a higher level.

Please take a note on syntax of the property messaging.connectionDefinition that is explained in details in the SAP Note 791655, PI Troubleshooting Guide (for PI 7.31 - SAP Note 1665708, for PI 7.3 - SAP Note 1452440, for PI 7.1 - Note 1060264, for XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 - SAP Note 806546), PI Performance Check Guide (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-11909) and the SCN blog "Tuning the PI Messaging System Queues" posted by Mike Sibler (http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/01/26/tuning-the-pi-messaging-system-qu...). Here, it should be ensured that if adapter specific queue parameterization should be applied for the property messaging.connectionDefinition, it should be appended to the global configuration property set (not replacing it).

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

Yes, I changed the setting as in the picture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim, thank u very much! This is what I need.

Answers (0)