cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading dimension filters using HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Using Dimension filters, I want to be able to use cascading filters in Design Studio.

I know the functionality when using dropdown boxes is not available yet when using HANA (and I have far too many values for a dropdown anyway).

Is it possible in any way to make dimension filters dependent on filters set in other dimension filters?

Example: invoices per customer. I want my end users to be able to enter an invoice number directly, without entering a customer number, but whenever they do enter a customer number, I want them to only see the invoices that belong to the selected customer.. When I simply use two dimension filters, all invoices are still in the list.

Kind regards,

Sjoerd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cascading dimensional Filter feature is available in design Studio.

Lets consider the below example:

Filter 1 --> Region

Filter 2 --> Corresponding Sites of the above Region selected.

In the Event On Select of Filter 1,write the below script:

DS_1.setFilter("Region",DROPDOWN_1.getSelectedValue());

DROPDOWN_2.setItems(DS_1.getMemberList("Site", MemberPresentation.INTERNAL_KEY, MemberDisplay.TEXT, 200));

Note : - If you are connecting with SAP HANA Models,consider Members for Filtering -->Only values with posted data in Edit initial view of the datasource.

Regards,

Avinash

bharathsap
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sjoerd,

I know that this feature is already available for BW datasources and is badly needed for HANA as well.

This is one of the high prio features planned for 1.2.

I would suggest you to wait for 1.2 (planned GA - Q4 2013) and only if you feel that it would be too late look for a workaround.

To be frank I can't think of any tweak.

Regards,

Bharath

former_member244922
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Is this cascading feature working HANA now? Like Sjoerd, I was trying to cascade in Calculation view of type dimension, for some reason it is not working. Could you please give me steps if this is work in HANA version 9/10/11.

Thanks,

Maanvi

former_member131154
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sjoerd,

can you share some more details about what you want to have as result... I do not get your problem.

What items do you want to have in the end? one customer and one invoice?

With the information I see it should be possible...

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk

Example

1. customer 1 - invoice 1
  2. customer 1 - invoice 2
  3. customer 1 - invoice 3
  4. customer 1 - invoice 4
  5. customer 2 - invoice 5
  6. customer 2 - invoice 6
  7. customer 2 - invoice 7

So when I select customer 2 in the first dimension filter, I only want to be able to select invoices 5,6 and 7 in the second dimension filter. I am currently seeing 1 - 4 as well..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

Do you have any idea based on my above explanation?

Thanks,

Sjoerd

0 Kudos

Hi Sjoerd,

Did you get any workaround yet for the above issue.

Regards,

Tanush