Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set breakpoint in methods of Web Dynpro Views in Eclipse

former_member198151
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

is it possible, or will it be possible to set breakpoints in Web Dynpro coding in Eclipse?

I'm using ADT 2.13 on SAP_ABA 7.31 SP 7, and when I try to put a breakpoint anywhere in a method of a view  I get an error message "Breakpoint could not be created at this line". (When I open the View in SA GUI (inside of Eclipse) it is not possible to set breakpoint because of external context - this is of course ok).

However, when I use command "break-point" coding stops inside Eclipse in a debugger (so obviously the debugging itself works...)

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Debugging Web Dynpro ABAP code is supported feature.

If you try to put breakpoint at data declartions, you will get this pop-up "Breakpoint could not be created at this line"

If you put on any ABAP statement, it will get created. {see attachmed image}

If you still get issue, please open an OSS message.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

former_member198151
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwani,

this is unfortunately Customer-System and I don't think our customer would be willing to open an OSS message. Can I open OSS message having only a limited access to the customer system?

Setting of breakpoints looks like this (Eclipse 3.7.2):

or like this (Eclipse 4.2.2):

It is not possible to set breakpoints on some lines whereas it is possible to set breakpoints on some empty lines or coments. It looks like lack of synchronization between the source code and the generated bytecode. Also during debugging it debugger jumps on empty lines instead of coding lines. This happens only in Webdynpro Views.

Would it be possible based on this information to file an OSS message even if I'm not the responsible person for that system?

Thank you in advance,

Ondrej Smean

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create an OSS message for this.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma