Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete archived files by using ABAP?

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I got a requirement to create an ABAP program to delete archived files in archive server.

After I have searched for the solution but I found nothing, ARCHIVE_OPEN_FOR_DELETE it's using to Open Achive File to Delete Records in the Database and also ARCHIVE_DELETE_OBJECT just for data in database table ADMI_*

It seems like we're unable to delete archived files from SAP side by using ABAP, right?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Tiwa N.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I guess the answer depends on what tool you are using to archive the database entries in SAP. If not standard SAP (third party tools like Panaya etc) then they have their own interfaces and transactions to delete the archived files. I guess you are referring to SARA and all right ?

best regards,

swanand

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I guess the answer depends on what tool you are using to archive the database entries in SAP. If not standard SAP (third party tools like Panaya etc) then they have their own interfaces and transactions to delete the archived files. I guess you are referring to SARA and all right ?

best regards,

swanand

0 Kudos

Hello, Swanand Lakka.

We are using third party 'IXOS-OpenText' to store archived files. As you mentioned, then I might not be able to delete it from SAP side so I asked basis guys to set file's retention parameters on the archive server instead.

Thank you and Best regards,

Tiwa N.

0 Kudos

Hello, Swanand Lakka.

I debug SAP function 'ARCHIV_DELETE_META' that used to delete document archiving stored in OpenText archive sever then I found SCMS_AO_DELETE will always be called.

Finally I found that archived files in OpenText archive server can be deleted by using function module SCMS_AO_DELETE 

Best regards,

Tiwa N.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the resolution Tiwa,

But I am getting HTTP/File not found error when I use this FM - SCMS_AO_DELETE.

Please let me know what parameters from FM - ARCHIV_CONNECTINFO_GET_META, I need to pass to this FM - SCMS_AO_DELETE.

Regards,

Srivijay

former_member209120
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiwa Noitawee,

See this link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1834827

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are able to delete the archive file with Abap FM, then your archiving on Opentext is not secure.

Probably you are able to delete the link tables or ADMI tables and pass on a delete request to the archive server with a sucess return code. If your storage happens on WORM (Write-once-read-many) or Snap-lock libraries, you will not be able to delete the actual content from the storage devices. Usually you need to set the retention period in case of snap-lock storages and physically remove and destroy in case of Worms. Hope this helps

Thanks

Sreejith

0 Kudos

Hi Sreejith,

I archived the transaction data for archiving object CO_ITEM, now I want to delete it, how may I do it, any inputs?

Deepankar

former_member627454
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tiwa,

I was also looking to delete Archived files using ABAP for object CO_ITEM. Please share your inputs for this in ABAP side if any. Thanks!

Regards,

Krishna