cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboards - Could not save to SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Caused by Microsoft Windows Updates???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dashboard gurus,

I am baffled that we were working along until yesterday when we no longer could save dashboards to the BOE platform, on any server - DEV, QA or PRD....

We get an error message window - Could not save to SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise. For more information, contact your administrator or customre service representative.

We made no changes to the desktop or server platforms.  Running on Windows BI4 SP05 Patch8

Dashboard versions match 6.05.0 Build 14,0,5,974

1. Checked that the folder security is everyone full control
  2. Can upload files with same user and folder from the CMC
  3. Restful web services had always been installed
  4. Restarted client and server.  All BOE servers started
  5. Db2 database ok, backed up full and so not transaction log full
  6. Disk space ok
  7. Windows data execution protection service DEP is disabled

Reviewed the following SAP notes and SCN posts: 1708100,1733865, 1795161

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3287661

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2142863

I finally looked on our desktops and found that Microsoft Windows updates were applied about the time we starting having this problem.

There are too many to list and uninstall even it were allowed.

Any ideas what to do here?

I dont want to uninstall from Patch 8,7,6,5,SP05....then reinstall

Nor, do I want to patch forward in hope it is resolved then have to patch the servers...

Wish Dashboard designer ran on Linux.  Fear this is going to be never ending problem

Lee Lewis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Really feeling bad about your situation now ; I have been in very similar situation with LCM when we went into the BI 4.0 the first time couple of years back.

I am not sure if you have already tried or not , can you retrieve the dashboard which are published into the repository using the open from platform and make minor changes and save back.If this works fine it can be certainly that thses group of dashboard is something special and possibly something that is being used in these which are causing the issue. I would then start ripping apart each component or connection and see if anything makes any difference. Sorry don't have any better answer for now.

Durga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, working with SAP, we tried refreshing all the querys in the dashboard without prompts and it flagged two that were in bad.  Though the olap connection existed and could save it in CCM again.  We could also execute the query from Bex designer.

The solution was to delete the olap connections from the CCM, then of course have to delete the querys in the dashboards that used these connections. 

I am grateful that SAP helped me get passed this, but it was a beating.  We had started out created olap connections for each Bex query instead of on the infoprovider, which I guess was fortunate because if we had to delete a olap connection on the multi-provider, it would effect every dashboard query.  Then would have so much fun going through the query browser wizard again and again and again!

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great to know you got the solution. Thanks for sharing the solution.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got a prompt call back from SAP on my OSS message

Then was instructed that the solution to try is to uninstall dashboard designer

and reinstall.  Each patch is an uninstall....Patch 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 SP05...

Then reinstall....

There goes a good day or so...

...and wait until the next windows updates.

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

AAARRRGGGHHH!

Spent 2 days uninstalling from SP5 patch 8 each a patch taking 45 minutes

Then reinstalling from SP4 to SP5, to SP6 patch1,2,3.. No luck. Same problem

Then installed SP07  on cient and BOE server.  Same problem

Cannot save dashboards to BOE server, even to a new filename and different folder

As administrator and to folder than has everyone full control permissions

I also checked CMC version management and the file is checked in.

Any ideas?  I am completely baffled and super frustrated as our project has come to screaching halt!  I have high priority OSS message with SAP and will report back

Regards

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spent some time with SAP via netviewer with no luck. 

I am extremely frustrated that we have a group of dashboards that we cannot save to the BOE platform even as a new filename and a new folder as administrator and to a BOE folder with everyone full control permissions.  I have also tried several versions that were saved to local disk over several days and these also will not publish to BOE. Have tried with another laptop with same results.

We are able to publish new dashboards and some other existing.  The difference is that the ones that we cannot publish were added to BI version management in the CMC. I tried deleting a dashboard from version management, restarting dashboard and again save, but get the same error.

We tried collecting fiddler logs but nothing useful.

This problem started occurring on 08/07 when Microsoft windows updates were applied.

Sent dashboards off to SAP and getting a new laptop without latest windows updates I guess.

Reaching here....

The could not save error message is in the SAP code.  I am hoping that they can look at it and deduce why it cannot be saved, but in the meantime our FI dashboard go live project is jacked.

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

As you have already checked on restful installation and done some research. I have one suggestion if you have not checked it already try using a Admin user account and see if using that account fixes this.

I had see very similar (Although not exact same) issue earlier and that was related to Application level security setup for the userid.

Thanks!!

Durga