cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects Client Tool on Windows, Server on AIX - SQL ODBC, UNX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am hoping someone can provide some help here. If we develop a unx via client tool set in windows and use an ODBC connection direct to SQL databases. When we publish to our server which is on AIX, what do we need to configure on the server end?

regards

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David ,

• Configure SQL server ODBC connection using the Data Direct ODBC drivers for MSSQL provided by SAP Business Objects. 
    1. Stop all business Objects servers ./stopservers 
    2. Add the following environment variables 
      • export ODBCINI=<SAP BO installation directory>/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/odbc.ini 
      • export LIBPATH=$LIBPATH:/<SAP BO installation directory>/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/aix_rs6000_x64/odbc/lib 
      • export LIBPATH32=$LIBPATH32:/<SAP BO installation directory>/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/aix_rs6000/odbc/lib
    3. Modify the odbc.ini file with the required parameters (minimum parameters below for unicode support) 
      • Unicode_SQL2008_ODBC=DataDirect 6.0 SQL Server Native Wire Protocol 
      • [Unicode_SQL2008_ODBC]
        Driver=/mnt/home3/i049568/dewdfxap00016/bi403/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/aix_rs6000_64/odbc/lib/CRsqls24.so
        Description=DataDirect 6.0 SQL Server Native Wire Protocol
        Database=<Database name>
        GSSClient=native
        HostName=<Ip address of the server
        LoginTimeout=15
        LogonID=
        Password=
        PortNumber=<port number>
        stmt=SET CHARACTER SET utf8
    4. Start Business Objects Servers (./startservers)
  • Create a UNX universe with Same name connection name as the parameter for the odbc.ini file (in my example Unicode_SQL2008_ODBC). 
  • Publish the UNX to the repository

Thanks,

Sneha Bankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Good question. We had set this up in a AIX sanbox. We have now decided to implement in a VM windows environment which should answer our questions.

regards

david

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the reason I asked is that connectivity to Microsoft SQL Server from *nix platforms is done only via third parties tools, as Microsoft doesn't have *nix clients. OLEDB is out of the question, only ODBC possible....

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your data base is SQL Server, why did you choose to install BOE on AIX ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to deploy the DataDirect ODBC drivers for UNIX.

They used to be on the BOBJ Support site, but I expect now you need to download them from the SAP Support Portal.

There are also instructions on how to set-up your ODBC connections with those DataDirect ODBC drivers for UNIX that you should download.

Follow the below steps:

-  make changes to odbc.ini file
- setup you .profile correctly
- set the path