Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening a Crystal report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crystal Report Experts,

I am getting the following error while opening an existing crystal report

The data source is invalid:'[] <com.businessobjects.semanticlayer.qt.internal.QTInternalException:

Query script generation failed. {0} (WIS 00013)>'. Please contact the maintainer of the data source to

solve the problem.

I tried to follow the solutions at http://scn.sap.com/thread/3204490, and found notes 1802722 and 1779065. In our BO server we already have these notes implemented. Also I am using the administrator user to access the reports.

The server is SBOP BI Platform 4.0 SP6,

The crystal reports I am trying to access are part of SAP provided standard RDS reports, which came as a packaged LCMBIAR file. Not sure as to what the error is. This package contains other WEBI reports which are having no problems while accessing.

All the reports are based on data coming from SAP HANA DB.

Please point me in the direction of the solution as I am very new to Crystal Reports.

Thanks & Regards,

Shreepad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also tried creating a new crystal report on the universe. Its giving same error.

but I am able to open the universe and get data in IDT

Any Clues??

--Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreepad ,

Hav a look at the below SCN thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3204490

Crystal Reports for Enterprise does not support connectivity to ECC

If you need to create crystal Reports against ECC infosets; i recommend you use Crystal Reports 2011. CR2011 has a Native Infoset driver that can be used against ECC (no universe is even needed).

Thus it seems that you need to wait for future enhancements or log a support ticket so that it could be worked upon as an enhancement

Thanks,

Sneha Bankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sneha,

I had a look at this post earlier, but I am not connecting my reports to ECC. The reports are based on content present in SAP HANA database.

The Universes are working fine when they are separately queried in IDT, but I am not sure why this error is coming up in Crystal Reports.

Also this is standard content that I am trying to open in the Crystal Reports, its just that I am not able to connect somehow.

--Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreepad ,

My apologies as I went through the naming conventions where the universes are stored as shown in the screenshot.

Try this

Install HANA Client on BI 4.0 Server and BI 4.0 Client Desktops

1. Download the exact HANA client installer revision which matches the revision number of the HANA server BI4 will be connecting to. eg: use HANA Client 1.0 Revision 12 or latest to connect to HANA 1.0 SP2 server (HANA server GA version) or Revision 21 or latest to connect to HANA 1.0 SPS3. 
  2. Run the HANA 64-bit Client installer on the BI 4.0 server (JDBC, 64 bit ODBC and other drivers are also installed) 
  3. If you are publishing HANA Crystal Reports 20xx reports, also run the HANA 32-bit Client installer on the BI 4.0 server 
  4. Run the HANA 32-bit Client installer on each BI 4.0 client/designer machine (JDBC, 32 bit ODBC and other drivers are also installed)

Locate the JDBC driver 

1. The default HANA client install folder locations (in Windows):
  • 64-bit Client install: /program files/sap/hdbclient 
  • 32-bit Client install: /program files (x86)/sap/hdbclient 

2.   Locate the JDBC driver file: ngdbc.jar (the jar files in both the 32-bit and 64-bit client install are identical, for the exact same HANA Client revision level) 

Server Side Steps - JDBC configuration

BI4 connection server (Server Step 1)

1. Copy ngdbc.jar from previous step to:
    [BI4_INSTALL_PATH]\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\drivers\newdb (create newdb folder if required)
    (On Unix platform, the install folder prefix may differ slightly eg: [BI4_INSTALL_PATH]/enterprise_xi40/dataAccess/connectionServer/jdbc/drivers/newdb 
  2. Restart the BI4 Adaptive Processing Server (hosting Java Connection Server(s)) from the CMC (Central Management Console) web application (outage wise, note that Adaptive Processing Server may be servicing other workflows) (or via the CCM (Central Configuration Manager) Windows platform)

Thanks,

Sneha Bankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot sneha,

The BO Crystal reports are now working.

One small doubt though,  there was a file already in the specified location in second last step(njdbc.jar).

I have taken backup of this file and pasted the new file in its place. Will this cause any issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreepad ,

I dont think njdbc.jar will cause any issues in future as this configuration is done consisting the HANA version specifically

Glad to know the reports are working

Thanks,

Sneha Bankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sneha & Sandeep for your replies,

I have checked the universe which is used for the Crystal reports. The universe looks fine. I am able to query and get data on it as well.

@sandeep : The object is working fine in the database.

@Sneha : The LCMBIAR file also has other WEBI reports based on other universes which are working fine. The problem appears only with the crystal reports.

--Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreepad ,

I am finding something strange  here you are getting Query script generation failed. {0} (WIS 00013) message for an crystal report .

This error is for webi and coming web intelligence processing server , and web intelligence processing server is never responsible in any scenarios with processing crystal reports

Could you please check the package again or the LCM BIAR file

Thanks,

Sneha Bankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check if any object used is changed or deleted in back end database.

Regards

Sandeep