cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block items in a payment run programmatically.. F110

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

Has anyone successfully been able to block items in a proposal using a program?

We're trying to automate our payment run process and when we come across inconsistencies, we'd like to block them in the proposal then continue the Payment Run & send the file out to the bank.

thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks everyone.. we went with an implicit enhancement to set the blocked indicator during proposal creation.

It's working great so far.

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I am having similar requirement where i need to put in an payment block after the proposal or during the proposal creation. The requirement is to check the Invoice amount with the payment amount, if they are not same, place the block. Can you tell me in which Standard program did you guys do the implicit enhancement or did you have any other solution for this problem recently.

Your reply would really help me. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Prashant Kamat

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

Prashant,

I wound up implementing an implicit enhancement in:

Include F110SFF0_FAELLIGKEIT_SKONTO_SE

Form: FAELLIGKEIT_SKONTO_SETZEN

There, I check to make sure the Proposal is relevant to us. If so I branch out to my logic to validate the dollar amounts.

If invalid, I set  regup-zlspr  to my blocked indicator.

Good luck.

Robert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert, I appreciate that this post is quite an old one but i've been hunting around for a solution to adding a payment block into items that are on a payment proposal, and you seem to be one of the only people who has managed it!

I've looked at updating REGUP-ZLSPR directly but the line item still gets paid through the payment proposal so there must be other tables / fields that need to be updated.  I'm nervous about trying to identify all of these for our programmers to include in the update so was hoping for a function module to do the same but I dont think there is one.

You mention that you have developed an implicit enhancement, can you please advise which fields you are updating in your program?

many thanks for any help you can offer

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phillip,

During our payment proposal process, I am checking to make sure the payment amount = the amount we notified our customer that we are withdrawing from their accounts.

In Include F110SFF0_FAELLIGKEIT_SKONTO_SE, I enhanced FORM  FAELLIGKEIT_SKONTO_SETZEN to make this comparison.

I really am simply setting  ZLSPR to my payment block indicator - in our case, we created a new one "Q"

I then issue back some text explanation in a MESSAGE statement so that the background job will track it.

Here's where I make the call to my code in the INCLUDE

And here's how I set the block indicator and issue the Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I'm interested in the method you used to update the field REGUP-ZLSPR.  Did you use a function module, or directly update the table?

Apologies if I should have picked this up from the code examples above, I'm a functional consultant and dont have a lot of experience with ABAP

Many thanks

Phil    

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phillip,

I directly updated the internal structure value of REGUP-ZLSPR to my new blocked indicator from within the Include.

The program goes on to eventually save that data in the REGUP database table.  But, I don't do any direct table updates or use any function modules - only set that value while in the enhancement.

It's possible that your indicator gets reset somewhere down the line - the developers should probably set a watchpoint on it during debugging to see when it changes from blocked to not blocked and then work backwards to evaluate the logic.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert,

in order to use SAP standard I recomend you run your proposal besides FBL1N or FBL5N. Then you will be able to mass change documents for blocking and delete & create you cleaned proposal and payment run.

If you want filter blocked entries in F110 you can use free selection.

Regards

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Try with BTE 1820. See SAP Note 1257499 - F110 BTE001820 for invoice-related credit memos for further information.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

In the payment run, under the TAB pirintout/data medium, enter the Z program in the Lists section, create a variant for the same, and exceute the proposal. I hope you already have the logic in the Zprogram to identify the documents to be blocked.

Regards,

Vikash

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

Vikash,

On Lists, there I can places a subsequent job with logic to block the items, however, I'm not finding a standard way to block them programmatically.

I'm using the standard R* program to submit F110 in background (Create + Proposal, Settlement) but when it comes to blocking items after the proposal has been generated, I haven't found a way to do that.

It's more of an ABAP question really, but I'm trying to see if anyone from the functional side has done it already

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You may also look into BTE 00001820 PAYMENT PROGRAM: Item Selection or 00001840 Payment Program: Balance Check, but doing modifications to the highly complex standard code of F110 may not be a good idea. I had a different requirement, were I had implemented the BTE and included the same in the lists, which worked.

You may alternatively block all invoices when created, and release the once which need to be paid before the payment run. If required you may create a program for mass release of invoices.

You mentioned that you run the validation report after the proposal is created. Hence it seems that you may not know the invoices to be blocked until and unless the proposal is created. Hence you can trigger your Zprogram after the proposal run but before the payment run is executed, and block the invoices required.

Regards,

Vikash

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you all for your input.. I will clarify.

After Proposal, I need to block invoices from processing using a Z-program (in background).

We are running a validation report after the Proposal has finished. If there are inconsistencies, I need to block the invoices from payment.. however, I only want to block the incorrect invoices of the proposal, not the entire proposal.

I see that there are standard programs for submitting F110 in the background, but I can't find anything that will allow me to block invoices themselves when in Proposal status.

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does proposal analysis is done programatically?  But then, if the proposal results in error, it will not be considered for payment run?  What exactly you would like to block.  If you still want to block it, check the FM FI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE and set the payment block field and do a commit.  Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sridevi

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

More clarification is required on your query. Do you want to block Invoices while creating the proposal ? or else want to remove block ?

If you want to remove payment block for all Invoices ,you must run MRBR for invoices posted against MIRO & Run FBL1N mass block removal for invoices posted through FB60.

Regards

Mani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Do you have any problems in this case?

After doing proposal, you can Edit proposal, choose line item and fill the Payment Block reason, this line item will be excluded APP.

Please tell me in detail why you cannot do it, and I can help you.

Julie