Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate default implementation of a BAdI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on a BAdI, lso_correspondence01. it has defalut implementation "LSO_CORRSP01_DEFAULT". I was able to inactivate it and when I want to activate it, it asking for the access key.

Actually, should I deactivate default implementation before custom implementation?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siribabu,

You need to deactivate the current implementation, to have new custom implementation.

There can be only one active implementation for a BAdI.

Also, when you deactivate the implementation, it wont ask for access key but while activating, it will ask because, activation is actually generating the object.

hope this helps,

Sajan Joseph.

0 Kudos

Sajan,

I deactivated my current implemenation of badi and went on to activate again the default implemenation, but it is asking for developer access key.

I have workbench developer access and I was able to implement a Badi before without deactivating the default implementation.

Do I have to get another developer key to activate the default implementation? I am performing only activate or deactivate of Badi, but did not modify it.

It is really urgent for me.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Anyone had situation like this before??

0 Kudos

Did you use this id before for development? When you use developer id for first time, you have to give developer access key. This is generated by registering your devloper id with SAP.

0 Kudos

Yes. I used one developer key for development.

When developing first time, I was asked for a developer key. i entered the key.

I have been using it for a long time though.

Then why is it asking again.

When I tried to activate the default BAdI implementation,

it says 'maintain changes in Orig. Lang' or 'maintain changes in Log on Lang.'

0 Kudos

Just had similar problem..

In SPRO no key is asked for (de)activation.
Some BADI's can be activated  in spro via IMG activity (you can check if IMG exists in table CUS_ACTEXT)

When it doesn't exist, you can create your own IMG activity via transaction SIMGH

Former Member

You shouldn't deactivate the default implementation, since this is a modification of the SAP standard. As soon as you create your own implementation, it will be called, when it is activated.

Regards,

Thomas