Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP Settings: OPJJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am configuring the ATP check in OPJJ.

In OPJJ, under "In/Outward Movements" section, i am seeing the below fields.

1. Include Dependent Requirements (Check Box)

2. Include Reservations (Check Box)

3. Include dependent reservations (Drop Down- X - Include All reservations)

How the above fields are different from each other?

Can anyone explain me with some example?

Case 1:

select the check box "Include Reservations"

and

Do NOT select the check box "Include Dependent Requirements"

Include dependent reservations - Blank (Do not Check)

With the above situation, what kind of reservations will be considered?

Case 2:

With the below settings, what kind of reservations will be considered?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Selva,

Please find my comments below:

1. Include Dependent Requirements (Check Box):

Dependent Requirements are generated due to a planned receipt, for example as generated by planned orders.You will also find the same as an MRP element in OMD5 SB Dep Req. (Requirement Element, negative)

2. Include Reservations (Check Box): Manual Reservations created in MB21 (Depending upon the movement type, can be positive or negative)

3. Include dependent reservations (Drop Down- X - Include All reservations): Dependent Reservations are generated due to a fixed receipt, for example as generated by production orders. The dependent requirements can be 'withdrawable', when the production order is in released state or not withdrawable, such as in created state, but not released. When you mention 'X' here, all the reservations (created + released) are taken into account). This is a Requirement Element, negative.

For the first screenshot, manual reservations are considered.

For the second screenshot, Dependent Requirements from the planned orders and all the reservations from created + released orders are considered.

Also, I remember replying to your queries and mentioning few useful OSS notes for availability check. One of them were note number 321803: You will find the below section:

"'With dependent reservations': The dependent reservations are the material requirements for production orders (or process orders ...), however they are not the material requirements for planned orders. As a rule it makes no sense to check reservations for production orders but at the same time not to take the requirements of other production orders into account. Hence, you should not set this field to 'Do not check' until you have carefully checked the requirements and the resulting consequences. The setting 'Only include withdrawable reservations' normally only makes sense for checking released orders (a reservation is withdrawable if the assigned operation is released) but there can also be exceptions."

Please award points if you find this communication useful.

Best Regards,

Rajen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajen,

Thank you very much for providing the clarity. Rewarded the point.

1. Include Dependent Requirements (Check Box):

Dependent Requirements are generated due to a planned receipt, for example as generated by planned orders.You will also find the same as an MRP element in OMD5 SB Dep Req. (Requirement Element, negative).

Q1: In OMD5, i could not see any negative indicator for SB (refer screen shot below):

3. Include dependent reservations (Drop Down- X - Include All reservations): Dependent Reservations are generated due to a fixed receipt, for example as generated by production orders. The dependent requirements can be 'withdrawable', when the production order is in released state or not withdrawable, such as in created state, but not released. When you mention 'X' here, all the reservations (created + released) are taken into account). This is a Requirement Element, negative.

Q2: In the above statement, you mentioned as "Dependent Requirements". Is this "Dependent Requirement" or "Dependent Reservation"?

Q3: What is "Dependent Reservations can be withdrawable"? Is it mean that production order components (BOM items) can be consumed / issued using 261 movement type?

Thanks

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Selva,

The 'negative' and 'positive' that I have used should be symbolically used:

'negative' -> Requirements in general (for example, in MD04, you see the requirement quantities being symbolically represented as negative).

'positive' -> Receipts in general.

I think this answers your first question.

Q2: yes, my mistake. It should be read as 'dependent reservations'. It was late night, my apologies.

Q3: yes, 'withdrawable' means you can consume/ withdraw the stock. Relating to this, I am sure you have seen the quantity withdrawn field in production order component overview.

As you can see in BS22, the status 'created' (I0001) does not allow to post goods issue.

So the dependent reservations for the order in created state are not 'withdrawable'.

Kindly get back in case of any further clarifications.

If it solves your queries, you may think of closing the thread.

Thanks a lot!

Rajen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajen,

Thank you for providing the clarity. Closing the thread.

Answers (0)