cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDT Windows Command

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to run the Repository Diagnostic Tool from a Windows Command Prompt, but I am having a couple of issues.

My steps so far are:

1) open CMD and change directory to:C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64

2) I hand enter everything below on one line or I also tried typing it in notepad and pasting it in there so I can get the format you see below which is the way I always see it being done in guides.

reposcan.exe

-dbdriver sqlserverdatabasesubsystem

-connect "UID=boeuser;PWD=mypassword;DSN=BusinessObjects CMS 140"

-inputfrsdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\FileStore\Input"

-outputfrsdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\FileStore\Output"

-outputdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\reposcan"

-scanfrs true

-scancms true

-repair false

The problem is that it will run the reposcan.exe and then it displays the possible uses for the reposcan.

Then it shows an error msg for each parameter that I have entered as if it does not recognize them as parameter values.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are missing dbKey which is cluster key is mandatory

Best practice is put all the parameters in some text file. And then run Reposcan.

Reposcan.exe -optionsfile <File Name (Which is text file name)>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Added dbkey and created options file. It said initializing for about 5 seconds and then said "Internal Error. Unknown exception occurred"

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like if you use -scancms option, it will fail. You can remove that option, since it is optional.

symptom  

When running Reposcan in BI 4.0 and using '-scancms' with either True or False, the result will return the following error "Initializing...Internal error: An unknown exception has occurred"

Cause

The issue was raised as a product defect in BI 4.0

Resolution

The issue was raised as a product defect and will be tracked in ADAPT01702230, which has a milestone for SP08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you that worked. I will point out though that even with the repair marked false, it still repaired a few files.

Answers (0)