Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF with Password protection for HP Unix server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to make a payslip in PDF with password protection and need to send all employees through E-mail.

Can anyone give me some idea of how to create a Password potected PDF for HP Unix Server.

Thank you.

Ramesh.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

There is a blog on scn for this... but will work post download.

It is the payslip requirement only.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

i have gone throught this link already.

It's on Windows NT OS, i want the password production based HP-Unix, as our compay SAP is running on HP-UX platform.

cmd /c ENCRYPTPDF is only working with Windows NT.

How to encrypt in HP-UX OS

Awaiting for experts valuable inputs.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

For Unix there is another tool but the methodology is the same to execute a shell command.

[security] Encrypt a PDF file in the command line | *NIX Tricks

You will need an external encryption .

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for the link, can you send some other link which could provide me more details in step by step.

0 Kudos

It is the same way using FM 'SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE'

In ABAP it does not matter what is the OS in background

The command that you are going to send differs on the basis of the OS.

So send the command mentioned in the link to the FM.

But also that pdftk should exists on you HP Unix server.

Regards

0 Kudos

In ABAP it does not matter what is the OS in background

What do you mean by this?

0 Kudos

While calling the FM mentioned

0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

We have installed the tool pdftk in our server and using the command "/usr/local/bin/pdftk" i had used the FM "'SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE'" the path which i have used in the FM is

"CONCATENATE '$ pdftk' Doc'.pdf output' Doc'.128.pdf owner_pw' Pass ' user_pw' Pass INTO v_dir_input".

Now my doubt is whether to download the PDF file in windows or AL11 (sap directory). If i want to download PDF file, in which path do i want to download in AL11 / Windows. 

0 Kudos

your server is unix so even the file will be on unix server only I suppose....

The file should be downloaded any place you can pass the path with filename to the pdftk in the filename for processing.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi mohammad,

the file downloaded iam using this path = ( /usr/sap/KED/SYS/global/file.pdf ) in sap directories and i had used the FM 'SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE'  i passing the full parameter   ( pdftk path(file.pdf) output path(file.128.pdf) owner_pw  Pass 'user_pw Pass )  after FM executing i getting error.

1 54 [HP ARIES32]: Core file for 32-bit PA-RISC application

2 84 [HP ARIES32]: #/usr/local/bin/pdftk saved to /usr/sap/KED/DVEBMGS00/work/core.pdftk.

3 29 Process died due to signal 11

0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

Sorry for reliving this old post but I'd like to ask : have you found any solution foy your problem? I have the same error message.

Thank you,

Imre

Dear Ramesh,

Have you found any solution for PDF with password protection on HP-UNIX server.

I am also having same requirement.

Can you please share the steps to be followed..

It will be very much helpful for me

Thanks in Advance