cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple materials SDSs from same sales order sent in one EHS shipping package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am currently study a requirement to to include all the materials SDSs from the same sales order, and  to be sent in one EHS shipping package.

In another word, these product SDSs and cover sheet will be sent in one bundled email, and having same shipping package ID in CVD1 - Report Shipping Orders application.

Currently, they are sent in separate email with their own SDS and cover sheet attachment.

I need to know if this scenario is configurable or required User Exit enhancement.

Thanks for advises.

KC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear K.C.

I am surprised to read that you did not bundle up to now. This is absolute the standard process; based  on data from SAP SD the system can bundle: Part of bundling is as well a "split". That means if you use "letter" as the communication type the system checks how many pages can be part of a letter, and if needed split the package once again. This is "different" if you use pdf /e mail. Here the split has to be done different and might be more complicated. Problem is: what amount of "kbytes" are accepted by the receiver mail system. In theory you could use a further step here. That means first create pdf and then use "rar" etc. compression technique; but this will get more complex.

Please check documentation of bundling function module and your system set up. May be check the OSS consulting note regarding SDS/MSDS shipment.

C.B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K.C.

Agree with C.B.

You can go to the exit for Bundling by below IMG path:

Environment, Health and Safety

Basic Data and Tools

Basic Settings

Manage User Exits

Find below entry:

User Exit Cat - User Exit - Function Module

SRE_DIST - EHS_BUNDLE - CVEN_RDO_BUNDLE

Then copy the standard function module CVEN_RDO_BUNDLE to add your own logic of bundling, and then put your own module (for example ZCVEN_RDO_BUNDLE) back to the customizing entry above. Then your own logic will be run during report shipping.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks and warm regards,

Shawn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shawn. I agree.