Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to edit control key PM03 in task list

satyendra_mishra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created a general task list in which 2 operations i have taken as PM03 (external services), I assigned cost element , material group and sales organisation to both of my operations and saved it.

Now I want to edit my task list (IA06) and replace control key as PM01 (Internal operation) in place of PM03, but control key field is in read only mode.

My issue is how to edit control key.

Hint : I know 1 answer that delete operation and add new operation with desired control key but I am not satisfied. Please share your ideas if any one have some new solution. Please explain what is logic due to which control key field is going in read only mode.

Experts waiting for your valuable comments.

Satyendra Mishra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

It is not possible to change or delete the Control key.

BR

Rakesh

satyendra_mishra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Paul & Rakesh,

Thanks for your valuable comments.

Satyendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do delete the operation, and re-create it as line 0020, you can change this operation's number to 0010 afterwards, with the result that it will appear as if you've edited operation 0010.

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will not be able to edit the control key. For a PM03 operation (standard configuration with external service) a service line must be added. The use may have added many service lines with related data values. Allowing the key to be changed easily would wipe out that data. For that reason the control key is greyed out and cannot be changed.

The only option is to delete and replace.

-Paul