Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transfer from one plant to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I have a requirement,

I need to move the stock from one plant to another plant. Both plants have inventory managed storage locations and warehouses.

So I need to move the stock from one inventory managed storage locations to another inventory managed storage locations and one warehouse stock to another warehouse stock. When I transfer WM managed stock, Bin number should be same to destination warehouse.

Which movement types I can use it? what is the best way to move complete stock? Is it BDC, LSMW , SECATT or Should I go for coding a program?

please suggest me the best method to achieve this requirement.

let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no legal restrictions while transferring the goods physically, You can transfer with 301 movement. Create LSMW program. Parallelly, create lsmw for WM movements also. TO creation and confirmation.

If there is legal restrictions. you have to go with STO.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this what are the prerequisites required?

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the restrictions for using 301 movement type. There is no physical movement. it will be merged

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Material to be extended in both the plants and corresponding storage locations.

2. Check the price control of the material in both the plants and the valuation while doing 301 movement.

3. Check the feasibility of physical movement. If you are using 301 movement, its single step movement. If you want 2 step movement, use 303 (remove from storage) and 305 (place in storage).

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can move stock from plant to other plant through Movement type 301 with single step & through movement 303 and 305 with two step process.

In this case primary requirement is same material code should be available in both plant .i.e material should be extended in other plant also where you are transfering stock.

If you have some legal requirement between transferring stock then follow STO process .

Thanks

Abhishek T