cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step by step interface for IDOC ORDERS05 to EDI 850 using B2B add-on and getting Functional acknowledgement 997 back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to build  an interface using EDI 850 Outbound (B2B add-on)

The requirement is as follows :

SAP creates Purchase Order (PO) output using ORDERS05/ORDERS (ORDERS) IDoc’s as well as PI to translate those ORDERS’s IDoc’s into Electronic Data Interchange  (EDI) 850 messages and transmit those to an EDI Value Added Network (VAN). In addition suppliers provide “confirm receipt of the EDI 850 messages” by sending Functional Acknowledgments (EDI 997 messages).

Please guide me in building the interface: IDoc to EDI 850 and getting back the Functional acknowledgement 997.

Please explain me the flow and adapt backters to be used in the process.

How is it

IDOC sender to AS2   or IDOC sender to EDI separator and then AS2 ?

I am not clear about the interface for getting 997 acknowledgement. Are these two different interfaces from PI perspective?

Thanks for your help,

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Resolved.

ORDERS IDOC sender to (EDI 850 file-- Idoc docnum as control number) X400  receiver                         -> 1st Iflow

X400 sender ( EDI 997 with the  control number of 850 file in payload (ACK)) to STATUS IDoc receiver

(to update status of Outbound Idoc from 3 to 16)                                                                                                  --> 2nd Iflow

Thanks,

Regards,

Pooja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Dimitri
Active Contributor

Hi Pooja,

I guess you already installed and configured the B2B add-on? If not, take a look at http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2013/09/09/how-to-install-the-new-b2b-add-on

Next, create a scenario using the XSD, exported from the B2B Integration Cockpit, in a message mapping.

Make sure you have an adapter available to connect directly to the VAN. This is depending on the VAN type and vendor. Within that adapter, use module localejbs/EdifactConverterModule to convert to EDI.

The VAN should provide a CTRL message and that message you should receive within your SAP PI system.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Hope your issue is over now if not please have a look .

You are actually implementing an EDI X12 scenario for Outbound purchase order with inbound functional acknowledgement (997 for ANSI X12 and CONTRL for EDIFACT).

Here the problem is SAP has not provided a suitable way for handling 997 message , a functional ack

in other EDI middleware's like Gentran work as when u send an outbound EDI message say OB PO (850) there will be ICN-Interchange control number and an GCN-Group control generated which will be stored in middle-ware and system will consider it as awaiting ack, once system receives 997 back (bearing) that GCN and Document no in your case PO# , middleware will mark this document/ICN/GCN as Acknowledged (changed from pending Ack).

Now , since I implemented this 1 year back I had used a custom approach for my requirement.

Build and IDOC -->FIle scenario or use AS2 for secure transmission, use NRO for unique ICN generation .

For each outbound documents read the ICN/Document number/GCN/message type/partner etc and store in Z table and flag it as "Pending Ack".

Build another scenario for 997 and when u receive an 997 read the specific values as what u stored above and if entry matched in Z table just update the flag with status "Acknowledged".

Note:Use EDISeparator/Converter module at channel level for conversion.

Let me know if you are looking for specific technical details on how to build this scenario.

Thanks...