cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Actual Printing Instead thru Spool

Former Member

Dear EHS Experts,

Can somebody advise please if automatic actual printing is possible instead thru spool? My observation is everytime there is a shipping request appearing in CVD1 with status Sent-OC, a spool is automatically created.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_hund
Explorer
0 Kudos

In SAP EHS report shipping is always done through SAP spool.

The report is printed to file on the WWI server.

The print file is returned back to SAP EHS, which puts it as raw print out in SAP spool.

To change this, you could use the WWI PrintUserExit.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your comment. Do you mean the exit being used by PRINT_CALL? I tried using its exit and used it in SD_CALL but still no automatic printing in the printer. I noticed that automatic printing occurs when using PRINT_CALL but still its manual because you still need to trigger it. Kindly correct me If my understanding is incorrect. In addition, it would be helpful if you could provide me the userexit for it.

Thank you so much in advance.

Kind regards,

Mark

christian_hund
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I mean you need to develop a Word macro and put it in WWI.INI as PrintUserExit, you need to define a new output format, just use any 3 letter code for it. Use this output format in report shipping customizing.

Please follow IMG activity "Develop User Exit for WWI".

Regards,

Chritstian

Former Member

Dear Christian,

I just want to dig deeper. In my configuration in "specify communication" here's my set up:

Output format - PS

Disp./Backup format - RTF

Format - X_POSTSCRIPT

During shipping, upon creating of spool it doesnt show the format X_POSTSCRIPT  like shown in the screenshot below. Take note that even my printer in SAP has a format type X_POSTSCRIPT so im wondering why its format when you double click the spool under "Title" area created in tcode SP01 doesnt show the format i configured. Is this a normal behaviour and based on my understanding, i need to develop a word macro and put it in WWI.INI as PrintUserExit?

Take note that this is the behavior in SD_CALL and MAN_CALL.

When using PRINT_CALL, X_POSTSCRIPT format appears as shown below:

Hope you can revert with your expert opinion.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear EHS Experts,

Can somebody provide an additional expert advise on my above concern please? I badly need it.

Kind regards,

Mark

christian_hund
Explorer
0 Kudos

The Format needs to be "G_RAW" in Specifc Communication.

Also in "Check Output Device Type and Set Up SAP Spool" make sure you select G_RAW as format.

Reason is:

the report is printed on the WWI server and the print data is then put as binary stream into SAP spool. So it needs to be routed as "raw" to the printer.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Christian. So far ive made your advise and got no luck. Here's what i did:

Output format - PS

Disp./Backup format - RTF

Format - G_RAW

Default printer has G_RAW format

In generation server, i have installed a PS printer.

Can you please add more what could be the missing puzzle? I understand no need to add something in WWI PrintUserExit youve mentioned above for this current set up.

Thanks much!

Kind regards,

Mark

christian_hund
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

maybe you should have a look at note 1096697, which describes how to setup EH&S report shipping.

"I got no luck" is quite unspecific. What error do you see?

Logs in transaction CVD1 and CG5Z?

Windows Eventlog entries on WWI server?

Regards,

Christian

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

I believe this is the story which Christian tries to explain:

a.) the "normal" process in WWI printing is to use the SAP spool, The data is pushed to WWI server; WWI document is finished, passed back to SAP to be then printed via SAP Spool

b.) my understanding of your request is: you would like to prinnt without using SAP Spool..

And the option whcih Christian proposes is to use the "WWI User Exit" to gether with the SDS Distribution process (refer to OSS NOte as mentioned by Christian)

C.B.

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

I am facing the same issue, what was the resolution for this.

Could you please help me

Regards

Dheeraj