cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Visual Studio 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I just installed a new system (VMWare, Windows 7 Ultimate) with Visual Studio Professional 2013. I registered the license as a Trial Version for 90 days.

Now I try to install CRforVS_13_0_7 that I downloaded today (oct. 18 2013) from the SAP website.

When running this exe as administrator, after accepting ACL, =Choosing Setup Language English, Windows installer pops up with a message box.

This message box has the title : SAP Crystal Reports, vesion for Microsoft Visual Stuido Setup

The text of the message is :

"You must already have Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Studio 2012 installed to proceed with this installation."

It only gives me the option OK.

When clicking the OK button, the installation is cancelled.

Does anyone know of a fix for this issue because I need CR Reports for Visual Studio and we have to migrate to Visual Studio 2013.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio (SP7) only supports Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2012.

It does not support Visual Studio 2013 yet.

For more info, see below threads where this query was discueed in detail.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3425566

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3405426

- Bhushan

former_member657844
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

Any news on a CR release which supports VS2013? If not yet available, do you know when it's likely to become available?

- Robert

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert

ETA is still March 2014, Service Pack 9. Only thing that changed is that this was going to be in SP 8, but we moved SP 8 up due to some backward compatibility issues in SP 7. So, the actual SP is 9.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Is there any way to be notified when the VS 2013 version becomes available?

Thanks,

David

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will tweet about it:

Follow us on Twitter

And there will be an announcement in the Overview tab of this Space under "Featured Content".

That's about all I can do at this time.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Lawrence for the screen print. Looks like something wrong in my installation? I have tried in two computers and I don't see Crystal Reports Reporting/Template. But my one of friend also able to see CR Templates in VS 2013 Professional.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek Uher

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2013 Professional is still not working. I cannot see "Crystal Reports" Template in Visual Studio 2013 Professional. Where as the same addon is working in VS 2010.  I have downloaded and installed SP9 successfully but no use. I am unable to use it in VS 2013 Professional. Please update.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just thought I'd chime in here.  If you already had installed Service Pack 9 BEFORE installing Visual Studio 2013 then you need to reinstall the Service Pack 9 before the Crystal Reports will work.

Not sure if that is your solution but it works for me in Visual Studio 2013 Professional.

Regards,

Lance G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

La fecha que se tenía para el lanzamiento era finalizando el mes de marzo, pero hoy estamos a 2 de abril y nada del lanzamiento. Para cuando lo tienen programado?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a translation to Spanish of my post on March 31, 2014:

No te olvides de los "contenidos" de la ficha de descripción general de la SCN. Que es donde el anuncio se hará. También me tweet la liberación.

The above may not be perfect, but maybe it gets the post across better.

BTW.; these forums are English only...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

ahmadmalmahdi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear
Waiting as if we are on a piece of fire for it ............... i hope during a week it will be available

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I have a Visual Studio Windows Forms application written in VB that uses Crystal Reports. It was originally written using VS 2010 and worked fine until it was converted to VS 2013. After installing CRforVS 2013, the reports all work fine on my development machine. The app is complied with Target CPU set to x64 and it targets the .Net 4.5.1 Framework. The app is being deployed as a click once app to machines that are all running Win 7 (64 bit). I have manually installed the run time  CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_9.msi on those machines. But I am getting the message below and cannot find a solution. Do you have any ideas as to what I am miising?

"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonObjectModel Version 13.0.2000.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first."

Thanks,

David

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David

No. I have not seen that error yet. Check if the assembly is in the GAC. I checked the MSI in Orca and it is there.

Umm, for more, would you mind creating a new post please? This one is getting a bit long and it's getting to be a dumping ground for all VS 2013 stuff

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Sorry. Yes, I'll start another post.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are waiting, for vs 2013 version... when this release will be avaiable ? estimate time ?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

End of March

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

today is end of march !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes... today is end of march ..

what can you say bro ? (Ludek Uher)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, we're all waiting to start with new CR for VS 2013.... Tell us something please, we have a lot of stuff to do

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you ! my projects are waiting for SP9... please correct it !  :@

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update on SP9? Our development team is also delaying a move to VS2013 due to lack of support for Crystal.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please keep checking the "Featured Content" on the Overview tab of this SCN Space. That is where the announcement will be made. I'll also tweet the release.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

March's endings?

It is April 3 and even you swim ...

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What? Did you have a chance to read my post from March 31, 2014, 9:22 AM PST? If not, here it is:

Please keep checking the "Featured Content" on the Overview tab of this SCN Space. That is where the announcement will be made. I'll also tweet the release.

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Service Pack 9 for SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio is now available for download. Don't forget that to integrate CRVS into VS IDE you must run the install exe(!). And yes, CRVS SP 9 does support VS 2013. List of fixes and Supported Platforms documentation coming next week.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter