Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get BPM Process and Related Task from CE Database

navin_mittal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are on CE 7.2 version.

We have a requirement as follows. We need the list of BPM Process Instances and their related Tasks instances in a Web Dynpro Java Table.
I checked the CE database tables related to BPEM, I could find a table BPEM_IDX_OBJ for the Process Instances but did not find a relation between a Process and its related tasks. Also I was not able to find the context data of the process and the task in the Database table.

Is it that the context data encrypted and stored in Database or as a BLOB object ?
Is my requirement even feasible using WDJ ?

Regards,
Navin Mittal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

benjamin_notheis
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is discouraged to directly access DB tables avoiding officially released and thus supported APIs. The DB structure might be subject to change, so your application directly accessing the DB tables might fail upon upgrade. When using APIs instead, SAP is guaranteeing the compatibility of those and will take care of structural DB changes in the layer between DB and API, so that you don't have to bother.

I am recommending you to take a look at what is available in terms of Public API or as others have already been saying the standard reporting datasources.

Here is a link that might be of help:

http://scn.sap.com/community/bpm/business-process-modeling/blog/2012/11/22/bpm-reporting-api-descrip...

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the standard bpm datasource has those information.

you try to use vc to do that

navin_mittal
Explorer
0 Kudos

For my requirement I would need to create business logic based on Context data of the tasks.

That is why I was looking for Table relationships/fields so that I can create an entire custom applications using it.

Will it be possible using VC ?

Regards,

Navin Mittal

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't know what logic you want to build

first check if the standard data source has all the data you want

data can flow to wdj via vc

this is just my idea, not sure if it will work or not.

navin_mittal
Explorer
0 Kudos

I will try to use VC model and see if required data is available. Thnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

I can't help thinking it might just be easier to upgrade to 7.3 and make use of the BPM API

Gareth.

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

You can use BPM APIs (NW 7.3 and above)  to accomplish your requirement.

See the following doc:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41585