Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation of Message Documentation

former_member205144
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to translate the documentation (ie long text ) of messages which I created through SE93 using the below method :

SE63->Transaltion->ABAP Objects->Long Text->F1 help->Messages.

But after that what is the Object name which is expected ?

Regards

Lavanya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rdiger_plantiko2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

the object key is the concatenation of message ID and message number, for example 'V1001' for message number 001 of message ID V1.

But if you work with SE63N, it looks in its own "translation worklists", and the message has to be found there (database table LXE_TECH).

Since I don't use this procedure, I usually translate my long texts with transaction SE61 - long text maintenance - by choosing the target language there.

Regards,

Rüdiger

12 REPLIES 12

rdiger_plantiko2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

the object key is the concatenation of message ID and message number, for example 'V1001' for message number 001 of message ID V1.

But if you work with SE63N, it looks in its own "translation worklists", and the message has to be found there (database table LXE_TECH).

Since I don't use this procedure, I usually translate my long texts with transaction SE61 - long text maintenance - by choosing the target language there.

Regards,

Rüdiger

0 Kudos

But in SE61 ,if you are choosing Translation, it is going to SE63 only.

0 Kudos

When I am putting Object id by concatenating message class and message number ,it is saying object not found.

0 Kudos

In SE61, choose the language.

0 Kudos

Because you don't have the message in a translation worklist. See above.

Ajit_K_Panda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Object name:

Give the  Messgae class and Message number like without space.

Like 00112.  Where  00 is your Message class and 112 is the  Message no. Now chose your language and then edit.

If it's not working then you can do this way:

Step1: Select the message that you want to translate in your message class

Step2: Goto->Translation

Step3: Choose ur sorce langauage and target language .. then click yes.. Then you can edit and save

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

This will lead to the short text - lavanya asked for the long text (message documentation).

But, yes, you can go to the long text in transaction SE91, too:

• Enter message ID and number in the entry screen, and hit 'change'
  • In the table, select the entry and hit "long text"
  • In the long text display, hit the button "Translate" from the GUI status.
  • If the object is transportable, you are now asked for a workbench order. Enter an order.
  • Choose the target language and translate.

0 Kudos

This is for translating short text right.I wanted the translation of the long text.

0 Kudos

This is for translating short text right.I wanted the translation of the long text.

Yes, but in this reply i described how to translate long texts in SE91.

http://scn.sap.com/message/14478790#14478790

0 Kudos

goto se63 -> translation -> ABAP objects -> long texts (documentation)

in object type selection NA messages

better give message class name like RH* and hit f4.system will list you possible messages (objects) for which long texts are already been maintained.

select the object you want translate and maintain the translations.

0 Kudos

Nice one! This works on my system, too.

former_member205144
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Message class along with message number was perfect object id.But my message long text was not active.So it was showing object not found error....

Thank you.