Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic of the type CHAR30 not appearing in CGAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a vague issue.

I have created new characteristics with CHAR30 attribute and assigned to existing class which is assigned to a value assignment which in turn is included in a property tree...

I have performed the IMG activity Set up Table Based Value Assignments and also performed Master data match up via CGCZ.

Strangely, few of these new characteristics are appearing in CGAB and few are missing.

All the characteristics have the same attributes (CHAR30, single value, no intervals allowed etc.)

All the characteristics are assigned to the same class.

I just cant figure out why only some of these are not appearing in CGAB!

Has anybody come accross such a case??

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neeraj,

Please also check in the SAP system whether the class contains the characteristics which you have created.

This is a master data activity which you need to do in addition to customising setting (Set up table value assignments)

As pointed out by Niraj Kakad, the function module C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK would need to be maintained manually to each custom characteristic you create.

Thereafter, you also create the phrase set having the same name as the characteristic.

The third step is to do a Match up of master data, either through CGCZ or through CGAB.

I would prefer CGAB over CGCZ since CGCZ run can produce unpredictable results (such as unwanted creation of new report symbols if you are not careful).

Hope this helps

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

Thanks for the inputs.

As mentioned earlier, the class characteristic assignment is correct.

Also, manually maintaining the FM in each characteristic would be a workaround solution.

I am trying to understand why a characteristic wont appear in CGAB after master data match up if the characteristic fulfills all the pre-requisites...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neeraj,

It seems, the Object not created in the table TCG11_VAI

When ever you creating the characteristic and assigning to the class and to the value assignment type, you need to run the "Set-up table based value assignment" (Path - SPRO >EH&S > Basic data and tools > Specification Management >Specification database structure >Settings for value assignment > Set-up Table based value assignment).

It controls the data like the value assignment type, characteristic sorting and structure.

also differentiate whether it is characteristic, standard object, usage, user defined text etc.

Be careful while working in this step. this creates multiple records in the table. and we have to take special care while doing the transport to other systems.

Regards

kamal

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Neeraj,

Check if those characteristics are assigned to the respective Value assignment type.If you could show us the characteristics and VAT u have assigned to, it would help other to check.

Check in the property tree, if you have the value assignments and corresponding characteristics displayed..

Regards

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh,

Thanks for the input.

I have checked everything you have mentioned.

Unfortunately due to connectivity issues I am unable to log on again to provide screens.

But, all the characteristics are assigned to the same class, and the class is assigned to the value assignment type.

In the property tree, I can see all the characteristics (fields). But not in CGAB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

I see you mentioned that you have run CGCZ, but for  sanity check have you looked at the value tab in the characteristics that are missing and see if the function module (C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK) is there.  If not, run CGCZ again with all boxes ticked.

If they are, only other thing I can ask is are any of the chars standard, or are they all custom.  Incase they are standard, sometimes there may be some value assigned (or maybe some checkmark) in the characteristic which may need to be removed to enable phrase set assignment.

Please keep us posted on solution!

Thanks,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Thanks for your input.

I have run CGCZ multiple times, the FM does not get assigned in the characteristic value.

But characteristics appear in CGAB (not all, that is the main problem!)

Secondly, all the characteristics are custom with attribute CHAR30.

Regards