cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report v10.5 toolbar not visible on Firefox but visible on IE and Chrome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using crystal report v10.5 with visual studio 2008 to develop crystal reports.The problem I am facing is with the toolbar which is not visible on Firefox but it is visible on IE and Chrome. I have installed same version on both development machine and on production server which is Crystal report v10.5. My development machine is Windows 7 32bit and production is Windows 2008 64bit. 

I have tried solutions mentioned on numerous forums such as

1. Copy the 'aspnet_client' folder from 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot' to 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\your-website-name'.
  2. Create a new virtual directory in your web site and point it to "C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/aspnet_client".
  3. Application pool is to be changed to "Classic" instead of "Integrated".
  4. Set the application pool of your application to operate under LOCAL SERVICE permission.

But still I am not able to show toolbar on Firefox. 

Configurations:

• Visual Studio 2008
  • .Net Framework 3.5
  • Crystal Report for runtime 10.5
  • Windows Server 2008 64bit
  • Crystal reports basic for Visual Studio 2008

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

P.S- I recently upgraded from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 and the same version for CR 10.5 was working as expected without any mentioned solutions above.

Also find Attached screenshot

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Firefox is not supported by CR 10.5, or 11.5, or 12.x. You'd have to upgrade to SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio (2010 / 2012) and looking at the Supported Platforms:

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for responding quickly. I understand the information you shared above but why is it working on my development machine and not on server.Moreover the same version of report on Windows 2003 was working as expected on Firefox.

Summary:

Worked on Windows Xp,Windows 2003,IIS 6

Worked on Windows 7,IIS7.5

Its strange that it is not working now.

Edit- I am using my web application in 32 bit mode with Platform target as 'Any Cpu' and on server I have installed 32 bit version of CR 10.5 and changed application pool setting to support 32 bit application.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure, but saying Firefox is actually pretty vague due to Firefox releasing new versions on what seems like almost daily bases... E.g.; is the version of Firefox consistent?

Other than that the next troubleshooting step would be an HTTP sniffing utility like Fiddler. See what's happening on the server that works vs. the server that is not working.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding. Yes, I agree with you FF is inconsistent in updates. I tried fiddler and inspected both for chrome and FF but couldn't get any valid information.I have not used Fiddler much and I appreciate if you could guide me to where I should look exactly in fiddler application.

I installed Firefox Nightly on Windows Server 2008 and tried generating report but still the same issue as mentioned above in screenshots.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look for what is happening with the viewer HTTP requests. I believe for CR 10.5 it was CrystalReportWebFormViewer4.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Things are not working out even with fiddler. Somewhere on server CR is breaking or blocked because on local development it is working as expected.I have researched on numerous articles and implemented numerous solutions but nothing is working out.

Also I am planning to upgrade CR but a little confused as to which version would be compatiable with VS 2008.Please recommend the free version.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohsin

For VS 2008, use CR 2008 (v 12.x). A free eval is available from here:

SAP - Crystal Reports 30-Day Evaluation

- Ludek

Answers (0)