cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto packing for Inbound Delivery created via the EGR process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have setup my Packaging Specifications and have the config set such that, when I create a IBD in ECC and distribute it to EWM, it is auto packed per the pack spec.

However when I create the same Inbound Delivery in EWM with the Expected GR process directly in EWM (/SCWM/ERP_EGR_DELETE - Generate or Delete Expected Goods Receipt and /SCWM/GRPE - GR Preparation - External Procurement  process), then auto packing does not happen.

If I go into the Inbound Delivery in EWM and click "AutoPack" then it does pack with that pack spec but I need this to be done automatically when the ID is created. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

strange, indeed. I just tried it, and yes, the system does pack in the one case, but not in the other.

The automatic packing in the PDI is done when creating the PDI from the IDR, but it is not happening when the PDI is created from a EGR. Now if that is on purpose or a bug is something I don't know.

But I also don't know any other way for the automatic packing.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions where I should poke aorund? In config? In OSS?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I found something in OSS, but probably in an area where you have no access to. And I needed to check with the colleague first if it is ok to put the info here.

The info if found is:

"the automatic packing from EGR is not supported in standard.
(it is supported only from IDR -> PDI)
You can have this feature by implementing the BAdI
/SCWM/EX_DLV_DET_AT_SAVE.
The methods CHECK_HEADER and EXECUTE_HEADER have to be implemented.
In the method EXECUTE_HEADER please instantiate the class
/scwm/cl_dlv_pack_ibdl. After that call the INIT and the AUTOPACK
methods of this class.

Most probably the following variable has to be set as well (please
check it):
/scwm/cl_dlv_prd2hum=>mv_save_hu = abap_true."

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll pass the info on and see if they wanna implement.

Answers (0)