Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate rules in GRC 5.3

former_member298408
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are configuring our GRC 5.3 RAR System.

I have exported Rule Sets, Business Processes, Functions and Risks from Rule Architect Tab of other system and have imported it in Rule Architect Tab of new system.

Also, in Configuration Tab, I have uploaded the text objects and permission objects.

I have not uploaded Business Processes, Functions, Function Authorizations, Rule Set and Risks in Configuration Tab, since I have already done that in Rule Architect Tab.

After this I have generated the rules from Generate Rules option under Rule Upload Section of Configuration Tab in RAR.

Once the job has run I can see in Rule Architect Tab that all the Rule Sets, Business Processes, Functions and Risks are uploaded properly, but once I click Rules in Rule Architect Tab and select either Action or, Permission Rules and search for available Action or Permission Rules, I am getting attached java error.

Can anyone help!!!

Thanks

Aditi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditi

If you navigated: Rule Architect > Utilities > Export Rules to export rule set from one system to another you should then use Rule Architect > Utilities > Import Rules to import to the system (seems you have done this)

Did you perform your tasks in this order:

1. Define your connectors
  2. Uploaded the text objects and permission objects (referenced to a connector) - don't think this will cause the java error
  3. Export Rule Set from System A. In this step you need to define the "Destination" for the Export Rules which is the Connectors for the System you are loading your rules into. If you did not, GRC defaults the Current Systems Connectors
  4. Import Rule Set to System B (file you extracted in Step 3) - choose replace by system
  5. Background job will then schedule

Once the job has run I can see in Rule Architect Tab that all the Rule Sets, Business Processes, Functions and Risks are uploaded properly, but once I click Rules in Rule Architect Tab and select either Action or, Permission Rules and search for available Action or Permission Rules, I am getting attached java error.

For this - have you tried creating a rule (function, risk and generate) to see if you have issues with the system and not your import of data?

If you did this and still got error, you might want to look at SQL Debug and find which tables the entries are missing. There are some good documents by on using SQL Trace and Debug

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46639 - shows you how to run the trace and find the VIRSA_CC* tables

You can then use https://<host>:<port>/SQLTrace to write some basic SQL statements to Select * from the tables and see what contents are in there

Regards

Colleen

Answers (0)